Thread: 08 impala 3900 v6 automatic occasionally lurches when floored from a dead stop.

Tuner in Training
    old
    Last edited by manhuman; 10-12-2016 at 12:33 PM.

The TPMS light is a body control function, nothing HP Tuners can fix.

And I can't help much on the other part, I know nothing of the impala computer/transmission side. I just know all the other common problems with impala's from working on countless cars from being in the auto business haha.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    old
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by manhuman; 10-12-2016 at 12:36 PM.

For the grand prix, re-install the MAF screen. It's not a good idea to remove it, the MAF does not like choppy airflow across it and the screen does not restrict airflow.

Honestly not much can be done to the NA motors to make them move out alot quicker without doing mods. With a wideband and 91+ octane fuel, you could tune a AFR closer to 12.5 to get the most out of it and try and reduce KR. They always seems to knock from the factory alot but thats just how they want them to run.

You can easily make the transmission shift quicker and feel better with 2 changes. Under shift times "normal", set the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts to .275 -.300 for quicker and cleaner shifts. Then on the shift pressure normal, up the pressures from 0-300ft lbs by 5-10% at the most. That again will help with a cleaner and quicker shift. You can also buy a shift kit from triple edge performace to help the transmission live longer. The 4T65e is good but of course has a few common issues that always happen.

Stock thermostat is 195 and is the best for your needs. The fan temps are like 219 and 228, just set them to like 200 and 215 or something. Adjust the off temps 1-3 lower and the fans will work great at keeping the temps in check, in the summer it helps alot.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training

Thank You

old
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know this thread is almost a week old, but what kind of fuel are you using? In the high/low octane timing tables, you'll see some negative values, especially at low RPM and high g/cyl values. This is the area your car's timing briefly enters when you floor it from idle. My tune is aggressive. In my 91 octane(for my NA 4cyl/auto) tune I set most of those numbers to 8* with no consequences. With 47% ethanol I set them to 13*. I also have burst knock disabled. I can roast the tires at will. It depends on how aggressive you want the car to be, and how badly you want to abuse the transmission.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Tuner in Training
    old