Thread: Air Load associated with Load in Editor?

Tuner

Air Load associated with Load in Editor?

Is the air load pid in scanner associated with the Load tables in Editor?

Looking at my air load, I notice that I am already over 1.6. Trying to tune the spark tables and the maximum Y axis shows 1.6. Just trying to figure out if the this is correct or not. Still working with 2.24.
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Yes, Air Load corresponds directly.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    So should i be concerned if I am logging over 1.6 load when the editor table shows 1.6 as the maximum I can adjust? Thanks
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Z71 View Post
    So should i be concerned if I am logging over 1.6 load when the editor table shows 1.6 as the maximum I can adjust? Thanks
    You can adjust the load axis in the editor. If you go above the value in the tune, then the PCM just looks at the last row.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, Air Load corresponds directly.
    Just be careful and check how far Air Load actually goes. When checked against the Ausy turbos it pegs at 2.0 which is kinda useless as we are way above that figure (a Load of 2.0 will happen at approximately 1 bar of boost depending on how the Speed Density tables are set up).

Hopefully the new scanner will be able to log load or at least Airmass/Aircharge so it can be calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Just be careful and check how far Air Load actually goes. When checked against the Ausy turbos it pegs at 2.0 which is kinda useless as we are way above that figure (a Load of 2.0 will happen at approximately 1 bar of boost depending on how the Speed Density tables are set up).

Hopefully the new scanner will be able to log load or at least Airmass/Aircharge so it can be calculated.
    I'll get the DMR for load added

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, that would be brilliant and allow proper spark table manipulation

Tuner
    Thanks for the info. Changing the highest load value of the table allowed me to add more timing to the car.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry to bring up an old post and probably a stupid question but just want some clarification for peace of mind. So Air Load in the scanner equals Load in the tune file for Spark and torque?
    I've been using Air load. Thanks.
    Load PID.PNG
    Spark.PNG
    Torque.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Okay now I'm really confused. I found this and it reads using calculated engine load to tune the "load with failed MAF" tables...……. Do you really use engine load or do you use air load?

Thank you,
    load failed.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I know, always use air load on Fords.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    As far as I know, always use air load on Fords.
    I appreciate the response. Thank you!