Thread: No option for 2 bar SD on my 2010 silverado?

Advanced Tuner

No option for 2 bar SD on my 2010 silverado?

I was looking to make my truck SD mode and I was searching around how to log the VE, if I can use the same configuration scanner that I use to log the 0411 pcm's.

Searching around I notice that there are several Operation System that are allowed to become 2 bar map - Speed Density, so I got my file to take a look at it and it don't have an option to choose the 2 bar SD. I looked for another file with different OS and it does have a option to choose the 2 bar.
    What can I do or I would have to stick with MAF?

Truck is a 2010 5.3, here are some screenshots and the difference of the both OS mine its the one saying not available on all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Use the virtual VE editor in the beta and you can tune "boost" areas the same as you tune regular areas. No need for a custom OS anymore.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Use the virtual VE editor in the beta and you can tune "boost" areas the same as you tune regular areas. No need for a custom OS anymore.
    I finally found some time to play with this.......I'm assuming you just add values to the MAP axis in order to start editing into the boost areas. In which case it auto generates the VE as you change the AXIS. I tried it, by adding 105-135 in 5's and it seemed to work, and if that's all it takes.....freaking awesome!!!!

@ Bill, are the added VE cells calculated from the coefficients, or are they predicted by rate of change? The reason i ask is you'll see in the image i posted of the VVE, it has quite the cliff between 3200 and 3400 rpms and only at the kpa values i added.
    vve.jpg
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 06-20-2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    I finally found some time to play with this.......I'm assuming you just add values to the MAP axis in order to start editing into the boost areas. In which case it auto generates the VE as you change the AXIS. I tried it, by adding 105-135 in 5's and it seemed to work, and if that's all it takes.....freaking awesome!!!!
    It doesn't seem to save changes to the MAP axis when you close/re-open the editor, so it's probably just easier to use the template already in there for 0-210kpa. I don't remember exactly what it's labeled, but it's under the box where you can put in MAP values

Pretty sure it best fits to the data it has available. It won't be perfectly smooth and pretty like a regular VE table from what we've seen so far, but it does appear to work quite well overall

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Will I need a map sensor? I bought the zr1 map sensor.
    It's there a way how to tune this virtual VE? I will try it I was trying to go 2 bar like the 0411 pcm's and tune the VE but this is new and haven't try it nor the Virtual VE.
    Last edited by 02Ls1; 06-21-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Yeah you'll need a boost capable map sensor to make use of anything above about 105kpa. Install it and update the map sensor settings

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Ok well I have the zr1 map sensor the baro red one.
    What configuration I can use to log it? I feel lost here but I would start messing with it to get the hang of it.
    That's why I want it just go 2 bar speed density since Ive done it on the 0411 pcm's.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    Ok well I have the zr1 map sensor the baro red one.
    What configuration I can use to log it? I feel lost here but I would start messing with it to get the hang of it.
    That's why I want it just go 2 bar speed density since Ive done it on the 0411 pcm's.
    Working with virtual ve isn't much different anymore. Just hit calculate coefficients after you make your changes and it takes care of that automatically.

You'll need to setup a histogram with break points that line up with whatever ones you're using in the VVE editor.

What wideband are you using?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using the ngk afx wideband.
    I would need to check on setting up the scanner.