Thread: Help please? Problem with shift points.

Tuner in Training

Help please? Problem with shift points.

Previously I had changed some shift points and ran some good times. 10.41 @ 135. I changed some things to help with drivability. Well what I did was started with an old tune (oops) that didnt have the updated shift points. Ran the car tonight and it went 10.6 - 10.7 at 130ish. Problem was that it was shifting 1 - 2 at 5500 rpm. No matter what I did it shifted at 5500rpm. Changed revs per mile, upshift mph, upshift rpm. Nothing changed. It continued to shift at 5500 rpm all evening. Could someone take a look at my tune and see if I missed something? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Car is a 2014 mustang gt, 6r80, circle d 3b (3600ish stall), roush tvs, 82mm pulley, 47lb injectors, longtubes, catback no converters, stock gears on an et street radial pro. the tire is supposed to be 28 inches tall per mickey thompson.

revision24.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Change Max Accel to 100.

You can also disable RPM antic shifts and command your shift points earlier as additional option.

Tuner in Training
    The max accel i can do. I am not that great with the trans tuning side. Any help you can provide on rpm antic shifts and command?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by apd252 View Post
    The max accel i can do. I am not that great with the trans tuning side. Any help you can provide on rpm antic shifts and command?
    Start with max accel and see if it is close. If not then disable antic shifts. 1-2 may look like 6300, 2-3 may be 6500, etc. Tire size and gear combo will impact the point where you command the shift.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. Ill see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    So I tried the Max accel. Didnt change anything. Just seemed to want to keep accelerating after letting off the throttle. I just went back to the track tonight. I did a Kam Reset before leaving my house. Did it via the handheld and pulling the battery terminal. First pass it shifted 1 - 2 at 5500 again. Did another Kam reset with the handheld. It shifted at 7200. So I think I'm good. Next pass its back to 5500 shift point. Any ideas?
    Last edited by apd252; 08-14-2015 at 11:17 PM.

If im not mistaken, the trans will shift based on whichever is the lowest setting, mph or any rpm limits in the tune and i mean any rpm or mph limit, you may be hitting the mph limit before your rpm limit but idk
    GOD HELP US ALL....