Thread: Changing injectors and have a couple questions

Tuner in Training

Changing injectors and have a couple questions

Bone stock LQ4 6.0l Turbonetics 78mm speed density tuning, changing to Deatch 60lbs (at 43 psi) injectors and I'm not totally sure how the best way to set my system up. Whats the best fuel pressure setting 58 psi vs 43 psi and why? Set the IFR table at calculated flow rate for the psi across the board with boost ref? Set fuel pressure base psi with or without vacuum signal? Anything else I should change for the injectors before initial startup?

Advanced Tuner
    mate, before doing any adjustments on the fuel side of things, do you have the right/equivalent injector data on those 60lbs ?....you need the correct data on offsets/short pulse adders, min injector pulse etc, all us tuners do tune injectors differently from each other but generally make sure you have the correct data... 58psi etc.Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning

Tuner in Training
    I have the injector data, that's not was I was asking for.

Advanced Tuner
    mate if you have the injector data use it, as I mentioned a few things you need to change and tune to suit....
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotoy6oh View Post
    I have the injector data, that's not was I was asking for.

Advanced Tuner
    need to change things like Flow Rate /offsets/short pulse adder and min injector pulse/and default for a example....58psi(rail pressure) is what ls1's run etc ,so if your vehicle runs that set it for that mate, so they will flow more @58psi, I have noticed changes in idle quality/ engine pitch when mucking around with fuel pressure etc......Also what sort of fuel system setup are you running in terms of regulator/pumps/surge tank ?etc..
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 06-21-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Offset vs volts vs vac table? That table looks far more complex then any any injector data I've seen, or am I looking at the wrong table. I've changed the min pulse width, I decided to go 58 psi base fuel pressure then added vacuum signal and plugged the flow rate data into IFR table. I'm using a Aeromotive 340 in tank pump with boost ref regulator so I'm pretty much unlimited on fuel settings. Car starts, runs and drives at least so I can go from there, but maybe a little help on the injector offset would helpfull so I have everything right.

Advanced Tuner
    If it's a manifold pressure referenced regulator you need to set your flow rate vs kpa table to the number you currently have in the 0kpa across the entire table.

If you don't know what the offset vs volts vs vac table is you should do lots more studying before you continue tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, real helpful.