Thread: V3 T Trim LS1 Tune Questions

V3 T Trim LS1 Tune Questions

Recently had a V3 T Trim Supercharger installed on my 1999 Corvette and first thing I did was compare the tune files from before when it was N/A, till now. The way things will be discussed. (Before=N/A tune & After=Boosted Tune) The Shop that did the install, also did the tune.

My first question is about the transmission settings.
    Before Shift Pressure and After Pressure stayed the same, however the Force Motor Current was subtracted by 98 from 0-90 shown in Fig. 1. I understand that the smaller input value results in a larger pressure output. But does the ECU monitor the Force Motor current table first, and neglect the Pressure table? I ask because I can tell a difference in shift feel(Felt it before I ever looked into the tune). I always had a soft 1-2 shift with my settings, but now with the new subtracted Force Motor Current values it feels like it should(Solid/Faster).
    -98.PNG
    Fig.1 - Difference

Also in the Transmission Torque Management Settings, to achieve ZERO torque management should the General>Desired>Trans Desired Torque be maxed at 640? I ask because, Before I had it maxed, but now with the new tune it is zeroed out.
    Desired.PNG
    Fig. 2 - Trans Desired Torque

Second question...My VE table is the same Before and After, the only change on the airflow side is the MAF Calibration(I assume they calibrated it).
    I understand that the VE table is used in the event that the ECU goes into a closed loop situation and/or references it compared to what is passing the MAF Sensor. But how can the VE not be changed under a boosted application? The PE enrichment value was fatten'd up as well as the Open Loop EQ ratio in some areas.

Third question...I think this was done as a safety precaution, but Before I had both "Spark Retard vs. Torque Reduction" and "Torque Loss% vs. Spark" set to 0. Now with the additional horsepower the new tune has increased the values for both tables. Figure 4 and 5 below show the tables in question.
    Spark retard.PNG
    Fig. 4 - Spark Retard vs. Torque Reduction

Torque Loss.PNG
    Fig. 5 - Torque Loss % vs. Spark

Can these be switch back to zero, and would it effect the Traction Control System?

Advanced Tuner
    Have you asked the shop these questions? Why did you pay these guys to tune it in the first place? It seems very much like you either don't trust them or think you can do a better job.

It's not like that all.

I'm fortunate enough to have HPTuners and to have a decent general idea on how to tune properly. With the the Shop doing the install and tune, it allowed me a chance to see what Parameters need changing for a boosted application.

I trust the shop, they have good reviews, and are reputable in the Corvette community.

I'm simply asking these questions because I'm trying to learn.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRyan View Post
    It's not like that all.

I'm fortunate enough to have HPTuners and to have a decent general idea on how to tune properly. With the the Shop doing the install and tune, it allowed me a chance to see what Parameters need changing for a boosted application.

I trust the shop, they have good reviews, and are reputable in the Corvette community.

I'm simply asking these questions because I'm trying to learn.
    You'll learn more if you ask the tuner who did it for his reasoning. Then if it's still unclear you can come here with those questions.

Thank you for your help.

Bump!

Figured I'd bump this by asking another question about the tune.

The car will flash "High Trans Temp" on the dash when the trans temp shows to only be 170*F.

I've checked the parameters on when to display the error, and both the Before and After tune are the same. The error should not display until 260*F.

Why would I be receiving this error when trans temp is no where near the actual high temp value?
    Last edited by WillRyan; 03-20-2016 at 09:52 AM.