Thread: New to gen 4. Why is commanded afr always 13.1

Potential Tuner

New to gen 4. Why is commanded afr always 13.1

I've worked with a couple gen 3 ecus but this is my first gen 4. I can not figure out why but as soon as the engine fires the commanded afr goeto 13.1 and does not ever change. Before cranking the scanner shows commanded afr is lower, usually between 9.5-10.5. I'm sure I missed be missing a table somewhere with a multiplier but I can't seem to find it. Can someone take a peek at this and see if they can see anything. Thanks in advance.

Gavins 66 truck sd8.hpt

Fuel-->open/closed loop-->EQ ratio min is what I think it is

I hope you don't plan on leaving everything like it is now and this is only an open loop tune for tuning purposes.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post

I hope you don't plan on leaving everything like it is now and this is only an open loop tune for tuning purposes.
    I am having the same problem, I have a post on here with my tune, logs, trying to figure it out. My min eq ratio for open loop is 1 and it is still commanding other things randomly during idle. I am in the Goldsboro area with an ecs1500 in my 05 as well...
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post

Yep...tune is in open loop and that is the minimum AFR allowed....14.67/1.12=13.098...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]