Thread: 2015 ZL1 Camaro with ID850 injectors

Tuner in Training

2015 ZL1 Camaro with ID850 injectors

Hi everyone. I am experienced with aftermarket FI tuning but new to HP Tuners. Recently bought my ZL1 and HP Tuners. Starting to mod the car to include ID850 injectors knowing they provide detailed injector data. I purchased a course from The Tuning School to learn exactly how to use the injector data correctly. Unfortunately, details are not provided in the course for my specific questions. I have searched the topic to death. It appears that I am unable to put numbers beyond 127 in one of the tables (injector flow vs pressure delta) and this requires "scaling" the data in several tables. I also noticed that I cannot put exact numbers from the Injector Dynamics data into tables as they get rejected...something about hex limits?

So, can anyone help me? Do I need to scale several tables and exactly which ones? How to scale them exactly? Short Pulse Adder tables are not a match in resolution to the data provided. Also, the numbers do not paste directly into HP Tuners tables exactly as they are. Any help would be awesome. Not asking for anyone to do this for me but some good guidance or even a tune file that I can reference would be awesome. I don't to make any short cuts on this, I want it to be correct for ease of tuning in the future with additional mods. Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help me.

Email ID if the data doesn't match the format you need it in and see what they say. Otherwise you'd have to interpolate it yourself.

Which computer does that car use?

With mine I doubled the stoich AFR to 29.something, then cut the injector flow rate provided by ID in half. This method avoids having to scale everything BUT I'm not 100% sure it works on all computers. If you can post the tune I'm sure someone else can confirm.

The offset/short pulse adders table are just copy/paste, nothing special as far as inputting the data goes, assuming the break points line up with what you need

Post the tune and I'll take a look. I have ID1000's so I'm familiar with their sheets
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Senior Tuner
    The ZL1 is an E67. I did a 2012 ZL1 with ID1300 injectors...the half IFR double stoich trick worked...the resolution is still there in the spark advance tables that scaling the tune the old (harder) way isn't really necessary.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    The ZL1 is an E67. I did a 2012 ZL1 with ID1300 injectors...the half IFR double stoich trick worked...the resolution is still there in the spark advance tables that scaling the tune the old (harder) way isn't really necessary.
    Good to hear. That is the way to go then

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    2015 ZL1 Stock_Sam.hpt2015 ZL1 Stock_Sam.hptThanks for the info. I will look up the half IFR double stoic trick. Any link for this? My understanding is that E67 is different for 2014 and 15 model year. Is that true...something about torque based strategy? Here is my tune if it helps.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can copy and paste into injector data no problem. only issue is beyond 127lbs

the injectors will flatten out at 96+ pressure Delta (in PSI) which your car will only run a max of 70psi anyway.

it will run fine, no need to scale anything
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    some of the data changes when I copy and paste as if it does not accept the exact numbers. Is it a resolution issue that can be left as is without worry?

Senior Tuner
    You'll usually find that when you paste in the offset tables and low pulsewidth adder stuff...the math doesn't correlate perfectly...it's ok though...it'll be close enough to the real world data.

I also should clarify, I used the half/double trick on 1300's and said the resolution in the spark table was still ok...I did alter the axis of the spark table at very high load to see the entire range of airmass for the engine.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by enloe View Post
    My understanding is that E67 is different for 2014 and 15 model year. Is that true...something about torque based strategy? Here is my tune if it helps.
    Comparing your tune to a 2012 and 2013 I've tuned and the differences are incredibly minor...the only real change I see is a slightly different throttle map and a couple other minor differences that you'd never notice.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by enloe View Post
    some of the data changes when I copy and paste as if it does not accept the exact numbers. Is it a resolution issue that can be left as is without worry?
    nothing you can do about it. There's only so much memory allocated for each table/value, so there is a limited amount of precision

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    The injector data was imported into the tables as they were from the website. Some of the numbers changed to match the allowable resolution and no scaling was performed. This turned out to not be an issue at all since the area beyond 127 for injector flow rate is in an area beyond the operating range of the engine (delta pressure). everything worked out great without any concern. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, that's what SultanHassanMasTuning said would happen...you'll never get into that delta pressure region so it's really not necessary to scale. If you went with larger injectors (say ID1300's), then you'd need to scale it.
    2023 Durango Hellcat