Thread: 02, 02 heater and catalyst not ready

Tuner in Training

02, 02 heater and catalyst not ready

i liked to ask if any one has had this problem with their mustang. 2008 mustang bullit with an edelbrock supercharger. i dont know the type of tune that's in the car however when i looked it over nothing stood out to me that would cause the car to not ready the following monitors: 02, 02 heater and catalyst. I tried a drive cycle. I tried driving the car at 40mph for 4 miles to ready the monitor and it still will not set. Any ideas and can you look at the the tune to see if i may have missed something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    What does your state check? For me the 4 miles at 40mph worked. You may be able to disable the monitor so it shows N/A instead of not ready. Does it have cats?

Tuner in Training
    They allow all but one monitor to not ready as long as vehicle is equipped. O2 and catalyst a must. Yes it has cats. Data log shows them working correctly. The car has no check engine light on nor pending. The IAT ran above 140 when performing the first drive cycle. I am not sure if that may have contributed. Anything in the tune that stands out? Txcharlie thanks for helping.

Advanced Tuner
    How long since a tune was uploaded or DTCs cleared? Either will reset all monitors to not ready. Had a dead battery recently? Is your exhaust stock? I didn't see anything odd in your tune.
    It can take many miles(sometimes over 200) to get everything to set to ready.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    How long since a tune was uploaded or DTCs cleared? Either will reset all monitors to not ready. Had a dead battery recently? Is your exhaust stock? I didn't see anything odd in your tune.
    It can take many miles(sometimes over 200) to get everything to set to ready.
    I am not positive how long since the last dtc cleared. All other monitors state ready except for the ones i listed. Battery appears to not be original for the car but it does not look brand new. The car has a stock exhaust. I did log drive cycle in the scanner which read dc 7. i performed a complete ford drive cycle based on alldata's procedure (exactly as ford's procedure) on the dyno. Then i continued with it on the road and what a pain. This is a customers car from another shop who asked me to look at it. My friend at the other shop stated he did not install the supercharger and the car came in for the monitor problem after having failed inspection. I usually tune gm's and learned ford at a class using sct, but after looking the tune over i didn't notice anything that will cause it to not run either. I don't want to tune the car and charge him for something he shouldn't need. This is why I am asking for help.

Advanced Tuner
    When I had this issue on my 2014 GT, the most common suggestion was to keep driving it. Mixed city and Hwy.
    Many supercharger tunes start with a Roush strategy and they are known to have these issues.
    Just remember that changing the tune or a battery reset will cause all monitors to show not ready and you have to start over with the drive cycles.
    Wish I could offer more help.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 06-15-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    When I had this issue on my 2014 GT, the most common suggestion was to keep driving it. Mixed city and Hwy.
    Many supercharger tunes start with a Roush strategy and they are known to have these issues.
    Just remember that changing the tune or a battery reset will cause all monitors to show not ready and you have to start over with the drive cycles.
    Wish I could offer more help.
    Thanks for your help, i do appreciate your time.

Potential Tuner
    My 07 would not run these monitors due to Front O2 heater duty cycle being maxed everywhere. I fixed this with Advantage III, as last I checked HPT did not support this parameter yet. I did email support a while ago, and they added it to the work queue.

Tuner in Training
    did you guys have a fix for this using hp tuner software my 07 ford mustang gt is doing the same thing.

Just wanted to chime in. My 07 Mustang would not run the catalyst or EVAP tests after installing my Whipple. o2 and o2 heater did run after two short drives. AFAIK I did not change any hidden parameters as I created the tune by modifying my stock tune.
    Last edited by Exley; 08-27-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R