Thread: Idle fluctuation, 06' 3V

Potential Tuner

Idle fluctuation, 06' 3V

Hello Folks,

This is my first thread, and I'm hoping you all could take a moment to give me some advice. I'm new to tuning in general, and I have a great newbie question. Over the winter my car's battery went dead. So after a gear change and battery change, I downloaded the calibration file to update the gear change. The subsequent write to the VCM was flawless with HP and the car runs fine, but at stop light, etc. the idle dips and hunts for a second or two. I totally believe this is just the relearn of idle because of the original dead battery, but I'm curious if HP Tuners will allow me to negate the dips and hunt of idle?

This car is not stock, and never had, or has no drivebility issues.

I apologize in advance for the lack of nomenclature, and would appreciate any advice.

Cheers!
    abe
    Learning this stuff is more difficult that I thought!

Could you make a log of the issue? Also post up your tune.

-Matt
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Matt,

Thank you, I will do exactly that, but it will take me a bit. I currently don't have access to my car, but will get a log done as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for your time!

abe
    Learning this stuff is more difficult that I thought!

Yea when the battery is disconnected the car looses its idle trims. It'll relearn them over time. it'll do this after you flash it too. You could try adding a little bit to the idle airflow. Under Idle -> Airflow -> Drive and P/N

Tuner in Training

I agree, just relearning

Quote Originally Posted by sabrams View Post
    Hello Folks,

This is my first thread, and I'm hoping you all could take a moment to give me some advice. I'm new to tuning in general, and I have a great newbie question. Over the winter my car's battery went dead. So after a gear change and battery change, I downloaded the calibration file to update the gear change. The subsequent write to the VCM was flawless with HP and the car runs fine, but at stop light, etc. the idle dips and hunts for a second or two. I totally believe this is just the relearn of idle because of the original dead battery, but I'm curious if HP Tuners will allow me to negate the dips and hunt of idle?

This car is not stock, and never had, or has no drivebility issues.

I apologize in advance for the lack of nomenclature, and would appreciate any advice.

Cheers!
    abe
    My '05 3v Mustang GT had the battery and alternator replaced and it hunted for a steady idle for three days. I could see it was getting better each day and it finally settled down. Now that it is getting hot enough to use the A/C, it has to relearn a steady idle again if I come to a red light with the A/C on. My car is 100% stock, so it is not because of the tune. Sometimes I thought it was going to stall, but it never did. Not a comfortable feeling to drive it while it re-learns.