Thread: copperhead clipping spark at low loads

copperhead clipping spark at low loads

2012gtfpdn18a.hpt 2012 mustang, I can not get low load 30-40% to get over 30* of spark. Even tried to add it globally and still clips at 30*. knocks are zeroed out. ipc max spark has been raised up, all spark tables in low load areas raised above 40* to test still nothing.

i have also ran the car in op 100% of the time and still 30* max is all it will give.

this is a hellion tt kit. not sure what calibration file the car came with. It was bought used with no handheld. made the switch to e85 and it needs more low load spark.

is there a spark table that hasn't been added yet, that could be clipping spark?

i have last weeks 2.25 build.
    Last edited by wayno; 06-12-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added tune fie

Post up your tune so we can get a look.

-Matt
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you check the MBT tables?

yes sir, I even pasted my borderline over to mbt tables. The highest I have seen on hp scanner and live link is 30.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    yes sir, I even pasted my borderline over to mbt tables. The highest I have seen on hp scanner and live link is 30.
    I think that is the problem. I did the same thing and pasted borderline over MBT. My issue was clipping spark at higher rpm/load. Look at your log and see what it reads as spark source.
    Try adding some timing to the MBT spark and see if it changes.

I was closed throttle decel spark source during accel. I ended up flashing a different strategy to the car. Spark goes to commanded, zero idle surge, just all around better.

Advanced Tuner
    Closed throttle decel? That is a weird one.
    Glad you got it sorted out. Your not the first to fix strange tune issues with a different strategy.
    Could you share which strategy was buggy and which one corrected your issues?

I don't get the closed throttle decal either. FPDN18A was strategy in the car, flashed over to FPFD1AA from a 13 I had tuned.

Advanced Tuner
    Great info! Thanks!