Thread: e 38 fan logic

Tuner in Training

e 38 fan logic

trying to set up the fans. One to come on at 192 the next to come on at 203. Fan desired% vs. ect set at 51 from 192 to 199 and 91 from 203 thru250. Fan output control vs. current state at FAN output 1 is 0,1,1 and FAN output 2 is 0,0,1. Fan state transition desired vs. current state is 0->1 is 50, 1->2 is 90. 2-<1 is 75 and 1-<0 25. I have 2 fans from a 94 Camaro. One fan comes on at 192, then at 203 the same fan just speeds up. I thought it may be wiring but the ecm does not ground the no. 2 fan at the no. two fuse.Sorry could not remember how to send a screen shot. Thanks Jeff.

Senior Tuner
    do u have two fans selected in the fan selection page up the top? the desired selection is at the bottom of same page, also if u change fan output both to 0,1,1 not 0,1,1 and 0,0,1 they should both come on so u could see if the second does get a signal to turn on our not
    Last edited by 07GTS; 06-12-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Does this help.
    dad.png

Senior Tuner
    its all looking like it should be working, do both fans come on with the a/c ? were they both working before the change of settings or have u just added a second fan..?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    its all looking like it should be working, do both fans come on with the a/c ? were they both working before the change of settings or have u just added a second fan..?
    I am really just starting to get this up and running. It is like the fan is running with the percentages I have loaded into it. I am going to pull the fuse to the second fan and see if that changes anything. Also double check the ecm to see if it is grounding. Only checked for voltage at the fuse, did not check for grounding. I f I am not getting power to the fan It wont show voltage at the top of the fuse I think. Will let you know what I get. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I set the fans to discrete and they work as they should. Thanks