Thread: Timing not following table Cobalt LSJ Turbo

Tuner in Training

Timing not following table Cobalt LSJ Turbo

Guys,

Need some advice if you would be so kindly to help,

I have a 06 Cobalt SS LSJ 2.0 Turbo swapped with a precision 5558CEA and 80# injectors tuned on SD but for some reason the Tune is not following the timing tables. I copied the High to Low to see if it was using the low table and that didnt change anything. Other than needing to get a return fuel system for my injectors because of the duty cycle, i cant figure out why the timing is so off compared to the table. Unless im just having a huge brain fart lol.

Thanks for the help guys!

New.hpl

Cobalt SS Turbo Rev7.hpt
    Last edited by SuperCobaltSS; 06-11-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Could you provide a log? We would need to see what "Cylinder Airmass" you are running at to find out what part of your table it is seeing and then compare the timing there to what you are actually seeing.

Aside from just those High and Low Timing tables you also have to factor in the IAT Spark modifiers, as well as the others.

Senior Tuner
    ect/iat/afr adder tables and multipliers
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Log and Tune are attached in the first post . Also i zero'd all the modifier tables just to be sure. Still didnt change it. The tune shows how i have the car right now and the current log i ran last night.

Advanced Tuner
    Here. I created a tool for you to use to discover your timing variance cell by cell. Just copy in your Timing table in the top box, and then copy in your Timing Advance section from your log. It will highlight any cell in the 3rd box that had a variance as well as tell you how much it was off by.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Variance.xlsx

Advanced Tuner
    And BTW, your tune doesn't have all of the modifier tables Zero'd out and your Intake temps are sort of close to the area where it wants to pull 5* of timing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    And BTW, your tune doesn't have all of the modifier tables Zero'd out and your Intake temps are sort of close to the area where it wants to pull 5* of timing
    Really? I thought i got everything that would actually make a difference. It didnt seem like the IAT temps got close to it enough to modify timing anyway?

Also Attached the capture of the differences.
    Capture.PNG
    Last edited by SuperCobaltSS; 06-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    it doesn't have to hit the cell to make a change, the computer can blend between cells so if your data falls between 2 plotted cells then it can auto interpolate and come up with a value of its own.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    The variance seems way too crazy for a modifier table to be the one taking control of the timing. Nothing is jumping out at me as why the timing is so far off from the table. Some of the tables are removing 20* of timing.
    Last edited by SuperCobaltSS; 06-12-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Might not hurt to do a Case Learn and make sure that your crank position sensor is accurate. You can do that in HPTuners.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    Might not hurt to do a Case Learn and make sure that your crank position sensor is accurate. You can do that in HPTuners.
    Hmmm alright. I havent done that yet but i will.