Thread: Lsj cobalt wont start after using scanner HELPP ASAP

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Lsj cobalt wont start after using scanner HELPP ASAP

ok so i pluged pro in used the scanner and wanted to change what gauges were show in hp and i cleared 2 codes now the car wont start first off as soon as i did clear codes then i tried to turned the key and nothing happen caar wouldnt even turn over would then unpluged hp still nothing let it sit for a few mins finally the car will crank over but not fire now the car was running 10 mins before i pluged hp in can some one please help me

Senior Tuner
    what codes did you clear.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by the rookie24 View Post
    ok so i pluged pro in used the scanner and wanted to change what gauges were show in hp and i cleared 2 codes now the car wont start first off as soon as i did clear codes then i tried to turned the key and nothing happen caar wouldnt even turn over would then unpluged hp still nothing let it sit for a few mins finally the car will crank over but not fire now the car was running 10 mins before i pluged hp in can some one please help me
    Did you connect the OBD cable while the car was running? Most of what I have read advises against doing this. Plugging in while the PCM is activated could in some cases create a voltage spike that may corrupt the program or damage the PCM.
    Disconnect the battery cable and wait a few minutes then connect it back. This may reset the PCM.
    You have the VCM scanner , check for fault codes? The scanner may tell you exactly what is wrong.