Thread: Lm2 afr dif than hp afr ....how to fix ?

Tuner

Lm2 afr dif than hp afr ....how to fix ?

HP Tuner Scanner AFR is Reading 5.0 Higher than my LM2 . I have looked at the Spreadsheet from Tuning School but I guess I don't have the Rt Program cuz it will not allow me to Enter any Factors in or make any changes . is this the Only way to match up my AFR Readings ?

Tuner
    Ok , I came in the very next Morning to Scan & Data Log & the WB is Not in the Primary Table ...again . I have had to add it Every day Over . Why is not Staying in ? was still on my Charts but would not Log Again .
    Also it will not let me add back in ECT to the Charts .....ECT Shows up & reads on my Gauges ??? Yes I have Tried to Add ECT over Again but it does not show up in my Charts after I go to Table ...Primary ...to Insert ...to General to Engine ...to Engine Coolant Temp ( which is still highlighted in Red) ...Close out each window & nothing on my Scanner Display ????
    I have Uploaded the Latest Update for my 2.2 ???
    Thanks for any help or Direction where to get Help !!!
    Last edited by wantsum411; 06-12-2015 at 09:17 AM. Reason: more info

Make sure you are closing the program properly after you have it setup how you want, and save the config, obviously. SOME of the config stuff is only saved when you close the program and is NOT saved in the config file.. If it is forced to close or anything like that it won't save.

What I would do is get everything setup, save the config, then close the program. Open it back up and see if your settings are still there

---

to your original question. you aren't being very clear. Is it reading 0.5 higher, 5 AFR higher, 5 lambda higher.. give us details.

You likely need to setup a custom input instead of just using the one that's already there under wideband. I never use the ones that come already setup because of junk like this.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-16-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

same problem

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Make sure you are closing the program properly after you have it setup how you want, and save the config, obviously. SOME of the config stuff is only saved when you close the program and is NOT saved in the config file.. If it is forced to close or anything like that it won't save.

What I would do is get everything setup, save the config, then close the program. Open it back up and see if your settings are still there

---

to your original question. you aren't being very clear. Is it reading 0.5 higher, 5 AFR higher, 5 lambda higher.. give us details.

You likely need to setup a custom input instead of just using the one that's already there under wideband. I never use the ones that come already setup because of junk like this.
    I am experiencing the same problem. I cant imagine you have to put a correction factor that high in? or do you? thanks. I am seeing AFR 7-8 on hp tuners, and I am seeing around 14.7 on the LM2. I just set the LM2 up last night and went to verify it today, and sure enough, I guess I could try to put in a high correction factor and see what that pulls for me
    Last edited by robby B4C turbo; 06-29-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Are you using wideband settings built into HP Tuners, or are you manually setting up an external input? What settings are you using?

Have you verified your wideband controller is sending out a reasonable signal? 7-8 AFR if memory serves is pretty much what you'll get with 0 volts going to the input.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I just checked, and 0V would give you an AFR of about 7 using the transfer function in the LM2 manual.. so you need to check and make sure you are getting voltage to the interface. Make sure power/ground aren't backwards also.

I also came across this:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-worked-for-me

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I just checked, and 0V would give you an AFR of about 7 using the transfer function in the LM2 manual.. so you need to check and make sure you are getting voltage to the interface. Make sure power/ground aren't backwards also.

I also came across this:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-worked-for-me

yea what dsteck had posted as a response to his thread did the trick, lined out and is reading almost dead on. After contacting innovate, because like you had guessed, I was not getting a voltage signal from the LM2. The wire they call "lime green" looks like light blue, or at best seafoam green. I was using the green wire, which they call dark green. I had noticed 5v from that "lime green" wire while pinning all wires, should have occurred to me that was the one to use. Oh well, my mistake I guess. That wire actually matches a pair of seafoam green flip flops my wife has, she pointed that out to me LOL.

Thanks schpenxel