Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Innovate LC-2

Advanced Tuner

Innovate LC-2

Anyone using the LC-2 with any success? Just looking for a wideband with no gauge.

TIA!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Tuner in Training
    I am, no issues to report.

I had MTX-L, constant problems and errors. Do not recommend.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I just recently have gotten a LC-2 and am wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I have no EIO input for an LC-2, so I've tried the LC-1 and LM-1 with no success as far as I know. And I really only know so much... At idle my gauge says 15 and with the LC-1 EIO I was in 7's and 8's, obviously not right. But with the LM-1 EIO I start up around 10.5 to 12.5 and steady idle around 10.5ish. Which seems more correct to me considering my LTFTs are around +10%. Im not sure if I have hooked anything up incorrect or if I just plain dont know what I'm doing and can't use the scanner with the LC-2. And if that is the case is there a way to get a histogram with the Logworks software that i can use to make an afr error histo? Please give some advice. I'll add a scan or two tomorrow thank you

Also I had to get a serial to USB adaptor for my LC-2, I've installed all drivers that I was told to by the Innovate instructions and the adaptor instructions.
    Last edited by 1duffman; 11-29-2015 at 07:24 PM.

Just create a custom defined input and set it up for the right formula for an LC-2.

Did you get the LC2 new or used?

Quote Originally Posted by 1duffman View Post
    I just recently have gotten a LC-2 and am wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I have no EIO input for an LC-2, so I've tried the LC-1 and LM-1 with no success as far as I know. And I really only know so much... At idle my gauge says 15 and with the LC-1 EIO I was in 7's and 8's, obviously not right. But with the LM-1 EIO I start up around 10.5 to 12.5 and steady idle around 10.5ish. Which seems more correct to me considering my LTFTs are around +10%. Im not sure if I have hooked anything up incorrect or if I just plain dont know what I'm doing and can't use the scanner with the LC-2. And if that is the case is there a way to get a histogram with the Logworks software that i can use to make an afr error histo? Please give some advice. I'll add a scan or two tomorrow thank you

Also I had to get a serial to USB adaptor for my LC-2, I've installed all drivers that I was told to by the Innovate instructions and the adaptor instructions.
    I use a LM-2 and it wasn't get to working with the analog input!
    I boght a serial wire with a seriel/USB converter and created a custom function for the serial input and now the Beta scanner show the same values like the LM-2 unit!

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if the LM-2 would work or not.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    That's good to know. I wasn't sure if the LM-2 would work or not.
    Keith
    it works, but not real output the AFR. If I calculate it right, the LM-2 interface send 500 beats for exact 14.7 AFR. if you set a custom function to the serial transformer, than it shows the same like the LM-2 interface.
    Henry

Ok, I'll look into it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    I got it new with a gauge.

Tuner
    I have no idea how to do that...lol. I'm still a newb and dont know alot about this whole tuning process, let alone creating EIO inputs and fun stuff like that. I believe I've gotten as far as I can with just fuel trims and need to get this wideband working properly. But you've given me hope haha, if you could just elaborate on this custom EIO process you would be providing excellent assistance to someone in dire need...

Do you want it to read in lambda or AFR?

(Not to sound like a smartass.. but the help files explain how to set one up pretty well)

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I have no idea how to do that...lol. I'm still a newb and dont know alot about this whole tuning process, let alone creating EIO inputs and fun stuff like that. I believe I've gotten as far as I can with just fuel trims and need to get this wideband working properly. But you've given me hope haha, if you could just elaborate on this custom EIO process you would be providing excellent assistance to someone in dire need...

Ok so as and after thought to writing the above. But before posting it I decided to use the help menu to try and set this up. Well, though I somewhat understand what the help menu says, I'm still not really sure how to apply the LC-2 to it. Using the brown wire (yellow wire is for the gauge) the LC-2 instructions say 1.1v = 14 AFR and .1v = 15 AFR. Now does that mean 1v = 1AFR in this scale? So confused...��

That's the wrong wire. It's for a simulated narrowband output

The other one is the one you need. You can connect it to two things at once.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    AFR is what im going for. And sorry for the double post didnt realize it posted once already

Tuner
    Thank you that explains so much more and makes so much more sense already. See I did have it hooked up incorrect. Kinda feel like an idiot but its a learning process. It doesnt help my only internet is my phone when I'm not at work. But I think I maybe able to get this, thank you very much

Try the "LC1" wideband config that comes installed in VCM Scanner. I think that one will work

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I tried that before and my scanner was consistently under 10 damn near all the time, like idle at low 7s and up to 8.5 while my gauge said very high 14 and low 15. Though now I have figured out the eio input so I just have to rewire and splice off the yellow wire. Again thank you guys very much. It all starts to pull together with some experienced help thank you!!! I will confirm all this tomorrow

I looked up the default outputs for both of those widebands and it looks like they're the same, so I think the LC1 settings will work once you get the right wire hooked up

Yeah that makes sense if you had the wrong output connected.. The one you were using goes basically from 0V to 1V.. which will work out to super "rich" if you try to plug those voltages into the formula it was using to convert from voltage to AFR

It should work fine once you get that correct wire connected.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    So I couldn't wait I had to go out to the garage and swap that wire around. And like you said everything works. It seems as though there is about .3ish AFR difference between the scanner and the gauge, the gauge being the higher of the two. But I tend to think the scanner would be more accurate considering its ability to process info quicker and more detailed. Both the LC1 EIO and my custom EIO read about the same also. Thank you again!!!