Thread: rpm limit with no vss input

Advanced Tuner

rpm limit with no vss input

hey guys, i'm curious if anyone can tell me how the ecu limits the rpm with no vss input, its for a track car so would prefer running no vss.
    the car will be fine for a while and then the limiter will randomly come on at around 3500rpm.
    is that the only thing that would be effected by no vss input?
    ive gone through tune files over and over and can't seem to pinpoint it but probably just overlooking something simple.

That's strange. I wired a BA engine into an Ef falcon and had no vss signal to the ecu. Didn't seem to worry it at all.

Possibly the issue is something else? Are you getting any fault codes?

Its not spark breaking up due to bad coilpacks?

Advanced Tuner
    not another issue nah, ive done a few looms, one for my car and a couple for some speedway guys.
    as soon as a vss of some sort is wired in, its fine.
    i have a tune for my car which is a bf ecu and it doesn't happen at all, i can't find the parameter though, and i've tried lol.
    its only an issue for guys running a non t5 or box with no way of fitting a speedo drive, so last resort is to fit a hall sensor somewhere in the car, as long as the ecu thinks you're moving, its sweet.

In trans - under general is automatic set to disabled? Assuming you are using a manual gearbox

Advanced Tuner
    yeah def disabled lol and yeah

Advanced Tuner
    i know we can change vss source now, but does anyone have anything further to add to this?
    is it just a code that needs to be disabled?
    i had it running fine with no vss in one tune and then started fresh and couldnt find what needed to be changed for no limiter with no vss

Potential Tuner
    hi did you resolve your issue? We are having the exact same problem with a xr6 turbo motor and auto box in an altered, it wont rev past 3500

Tuner
    have you tried

engine>fuel>cutoff then output shaft limit, limit tcm, limit drive, launch limit

Advanced Tuner
    does the auto shift properly?

Potential Tuner
    We havent will try though. let you know how that goes.

Potential Tuner
    Still no luck. Had a play with those settings and we can get it to rev past 3500 in neutral now but when we put it in gear it wont go over it and appears to put into a limp mode and then wont rev past 3500 in neutral until you cycle the ignition. Any ideas? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    does it shift gears or no?

Potential Tuner
    It shifts 1 to 2 harshly

Advanced Tuner
    post up the tune.