Thread: need help.

Tuner in Training

need help.

Okay I have a 2008 cobalt ss turbo. With the DI lnf motor. I just recently installed a k04r turbo. (It's just a big wheel version of the stock turbo) got everything hooked up, and ready to go loaded a tune on to it, and it won't build more than 10 psi of boost. I thought I had a leak somewhere so I pulled all couplers off, and re checked all that. Checked the wastegate actuator vacuum lines, and made sure the electronic boost controller was hooked up. Nothing was out of place. I don't hear an exhaust leak so I don't think it's the turbo to manifold. Or the o2 housing that is leaking, so I looked over the tune. Couldn't find anything that would cause a problem. So I loaded a stock tune into the car with only 3 bar map sensors added, I noticed that the car is only allowing 50% throttle even when the throttle pedal position is at 100%. So I'm assuming this has something to do with the tune, does anyone have ideas what this could be? Thank you all for your help.

Have a copy of the tune?

Tuner in Training
    I can post it up but right now it's on a bone stock lnf tune. With 3 bar maps.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    put the file up with a log of the error regardless. we cant verify what you have until we see all of it.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    generally the people on this forum ask for a data log. Hard to do anything without actual data.
    I would ask for the tune as well (even if it's stock, it might be worth double checking)
    What other mods are on the car?
    I'm interested in what a k04r log would look like.
    Also, on the cobaltss.net forum they talk about some wastegate solenoid "upgrade" offered, do you have that as well?

Tuner in Training
    Okay so I went out today and saw I had some engine light. So I read the codes. Came back with p0098 and p0238. So I need to fix that, I'm thinking bad map sensor? I'm trying to post a log but I'm not on my computer right now. I'll post one ASAP.

Tuner
    with those 2 codes seems to me that the MAP sensor in the cold charge pipe is disconnected, or maybe you have an open circuit somewhere in the harness?

Tuner in Training
    That'd what I figured out it was, when I read those codes, and also saw that my iat2 were -40 degrees. So I figured the sensor or the wiring was bad, I checked the wiring it was good. So I ordered the 3 bar map sensors. Picked them up this morning and it now runs great. Once I start logging I'll post a log up for you guys that were interested in the k04r. But I'll say this. The tune I have on it now, pegs my stock boost gauge at 30psi. And at 6700 rpm. I'm at ~28. And this isn't tuned yet. Just a base tune I threw on it so I wouldn't over boost. Wgdc only at 90% car runs great.