Thread: LC9 DOD VVT Delete question

Potential Tuner

LC9 DOD VVT Delete question

Ok so I collapsed one of the dod lifters on my 2010 Silverado LC9. Since I am at 180k decided to do a major overhaul. Called the guys at Summit told them what i was wanting to do and they sent me a quote and I ordered. Ended up with what i think is a decent setup but am now lost.

Comp 54-455-11 Cam LSA of 112 and Duration at .050 of 215/223
    Comp Double Beehive Springs
    Comp Timing Set with the timing set currently set at neutral
    Comp Trunion Set
    LS lifter Set
    Melling Oil Pump
    long Pipe headers
    HP Tuners Pro
    Wideband Sensor
    all the other crap just using common sense required like valley cover, timing cover, lifter trays, gaskets and seals, head bolts, crank bolt, exhaust studs, and so on.

I just got the heads back today from the machine shop and am almost done with the 22/90/90 fun stuff so i can measure pushrods for lash and order.

The question is this. In the forums i have figured out how to change the cam for the VVT happieness. but as far as changing the tune for Duration change and LSA i have no idea how to set it up. Does anyone have a base tune for the above cam or details how to correct for the change in timing? I know with all the tuning expense i could just order a email order but I cant even start that until i get it back together enough to allow the ECM to be connected to by the Tuner Software and I am wanting to get this thing rolling the sooner the better and if at all possible avoid any more expense. with the few grand i am already in not having to tell the better half i spent 900 on a tuning software and wideband that will keep my truck down longer or cost a couple hundred more for faster results would be ideal.

I'm not so concerned about out the door here you go for an awesome tune. just getting it running correctly so i can drive it while i learn everything else would be desired.

I searched the repository but didn't turn up anything with cam specs for any nnbs truck
    Last edited by Frackin_K; 06-08-2015 at 07:12 PM.