Thread: Porsche 996 with LS 5.3 trying to use Porsche gas pedal

Tuner in Training

Porsche 996 with LS 5.3 trying to use Porsche gas pedal

This is my first post so please be understanding. I'm swapping an 07 Gen IV 5.3 into a 2001 Porsche 996 and attempting to retain the Porsche gas pedal. I have an 08 Corvette ECM with an LS2 TB and Porsche pedal. Here is my issue.

1. Idle seems correct.
    2. WOT pedal seems to not completely open the TB acting as if the car is rev limited at 4000RPM. The TPS percentage goes to 70%. I did read the sticky on the max TPS percentage typically showing high 80s percentage.

So I think that the ECU is expecting to see a higher voltage from the APP sensor at WOT than the porsche pedal gives. Is there a way to tune this parameter to make the maximum voltage output by the pedal at WOT = full open throttle?
    I know the easiest solution is to just install a corvette pedal. I'm trying to make this work with a stock looking interior.

Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    We don't have access to the necessary tables to do what you want to do, for various reasons. The best bet is to use the Porsche pedal and adapt it to the Corvette actuator assembly. Just cut and reconfigure the arm to get the desired throw and positioning. Trying to use the Porsche sensors opens you up to all kinds of headaches.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I think this will save me some time in the long run. I guess I will throw in the towel and go to a vette pedal.