Thread: Innovate LC-1 doing something wierd... requires a reset/re-cal after every run

Potential Tuner

Innovate LC-1 doing something wierd... requires a reset/re-cal after every run

My wide-band worked fine after the install and cal process per the manual. Drove the car to work, got a good data log with real WB AFR numbers.
    Drove the car home, and the WB was live, but never went below 12.0 or above 12.9, at least from what I could see with the numbers flashing.
    I thought my placement of the module in the engine compartment might have heat soaked it or something, so I moved it further from the engine.
    Let it cool, no luck.

On a whim, I re-ran the sensor cal process, with the sensor still installed, after the car had sat for 8+ hours, the process was successful, got good AFR numbers.
    Took a ride, did a log, everything fine, AFRs at WOT matched previous numbers.
    Played with my tune a little, started the car to drive home, and the WB is back to not going out of the 12's, though the car is running fine.

Any ideas about why I'd have to re-cal the unit after every run cycle?

I had all kinds of problems with my MTX-L from them. The calibration would go nuts about once a week, even with a brand new sensor. It would also give me errors ("E8") pretty often, which really made logging difficult

Sorry, not a lot of help, but I haven't had a single problem since I switched over to a PLX gen4 4.9
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I have the LC-2 and have never had a problem. Calibrate it once a year in fresh air per instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by miikezohsix View Post
    My wide-band worked fine after the install and cal process per the manual. Drove the car to work, got a good data log with real WB AFR numbers.
    Drove the car home, and the WB was live, but never went below 12.0 or above 12.9, at least from what I could see with the numbers flashing.
    I thought my placement of the module in the engine compartment might have heat soaked it or something, so I moved it further from the engine.
    Let it cool, no luck.

On a whim, I re-ran the sensor cal process, with the sensor still installed, after the car had sat for 8+ hours, the process was successful, got good AFR numbers.
    Took a ride, did a log, everything fine, AFRs at WOT matched previous numbers.
    Played with my tune a little, started the car to drive home, and the WB is back to not going out of the 12's, though the car is running fine.

Any ideas about why I'd have to re-cal the unit after every run cycle?
    Double check your ground. Other than that call innovate, you might have a bad unit.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Double check your ground. Other than that call innovate, you might have a bad unit.
    I sent them an email thru their "contact us", no phone number available.
    Nothing yet, but it is the weekend...