Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Spark Tune-ability?

Tuner in Training

Chevy Spark Tune-ability?

Hey everyone first post!! Just wondering if a 2013 Chevrolet Spark is tunable using HPTuners? I used an outdated version of the software and was able to read gauges and all but no tunable options. I know i need to update but will the updates let me tune on this 1.2 liter spark. I seen the sonic was able to be tuned and if im not mistaken some have the same engine as the Spark. Thanks in advanced for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by SparksAlot View Post
    Hey everyone first post!! Just wondering if a 2013 Chevrolet Spark is tunable using HPTuners? I used an outdated version of the software and was able to read gauges and all but no tunable options. I know i need to update but will the updates let me tune on this 1.2 liter spark. I seen the sonic was able to be tuned and if im not mistaken some have the same engine as the Spark. Thanks in advanced for the information!
    Yes. E-mail support and request 2.25.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much for the quick response!! I will be sure to do this.

Tuner in Training
    How long is turn around time on this request?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't have anything outstanding.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    beta request for me have never been more than two or three days. sometimes i have gotten activation next day, depends on work load at hpt.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Bill is so fast, you probably have it by now ;-)

Tuner in Training
    I now have it!!!! only problem is that it doesn't support my chevy spark yet. As far as custom options go :/ hopefully soon it will be available. It says 2 weeks when I try lol.

Advanced Tuner
    I now have it!!!! only problem is that it doesn't support my chevy spark yet. As far as custom options go :/ hopefully soon it will be available. It says 2 weeks when I try lol.
    You must be talking about the Scanner and not the Editor.

Tuner in Training
    correct will the editor work on this car or will I have to wait for another update? All that I'm looking to do is change shift points and change my throttle position from 84% which is the max now to 100%

Advanced Tuner
    Even if you set the tune to 100% the throttle may still only open to 84%. I haven't tuned a spark, but some throttles just don't open 100%

Tuner in Training
    that is a possibility...do you know of anyone on here who could make a tune for it? Im no expert and just paying someone to do it would probably be my best bet. but on another note do you know when 2.25 will allow me to tune on the car? 2 weeks is all that it says.

Can you get a successful read from the pcm that brings you to licencing options?

that is a possibility...do you know of anyone on here who could make a tune for it? Im no expert and just paying someone to do it would probably be my best bet. but on another note do you know when 2.25 will allow me to tune on the car? 2 weeks is all that it says.
    You are still using the scanner. You need to use the editor. 84% TPS is normal.

Tuner in Training
    The editor pulls up the car when i hit flash. The operating system is not on the pull down box after you push gather information. i can put up some screenshots if this will help you guys help me! I really do appreciate all the help i'm getting from you guys.

The editor pulls up the car when i hit flash. The operating system is not on the pull down box after you push gather information. i can put up some screenshots if this will help you guys help me! I really do appreciate all the help i'm getting from you guys.
    E-mail support.

Tuner in Training
    I have the same issue because hptuners doesn't support the 2016 spark's e84 PCM. I hate waiting! Lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5banger View Post
    I have the same issue because hptuners doesn't support the 2016 spark's e84 PCM. I hate waiting! Lol
    Have you emailed support to see if it is supported yet?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Have you emailed support to see if it is supported yet?
    Yes and they said if they do decide to support it, it will be towards the end of the year at the earliest.

Tuner in Training
    Still no love for the spark.