Thread: Reduced engine power under booost

Potential Tuner

Reduced engine power under booost

Hey guys, so ive got my car dialed in at 6psi, and turned the boost up to 10psi. Went to do some data logs, and seems as though when i hit full boost, and around 4800rpm the car goes into reduced engine power. Now i have read many threads on here about what needs to be done for p1514, p0106, p0101 and such.

Here is my tune file, and as for a log file, it didnt save on me, and i would like to try and get rid of this issue before doing another pull.

Also ive read about the cyl airmass on the logs reaching 2.32g/cyl being the max,

I remember looking at it and it was hitting 2.26-2.28g/cyl if im not mistaken.

car is a 01 z06 383ci, single turbo, fast 92/92, prc 227cc heads, 230/230 .605/.598 115lsa

it does seem boost related as the car was fine with 6psi, and all thats changed is upped it to 10psi.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Scaling back the ve table and injector flow rate can fix this problem, my twin turbo GTO use to do this, so i scaled back the ve table and injector flow rate 25%

Set up several histograms to log the map, g/cyl, maf values to their applicable axis and actually see what and where you are exceeding to throw a 1514/0106/0068 etc. Add 10-15% and update the tables. The tables are in Engine Diagnostic>Engine and Airflow. If there isnt enough room left in these tables, then you will nneed to scale as remonaro stated above.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]