Thread: 2.25 Beta - LNF

Advanced Tuner

2.25 Beta - LNF

Anyone using 2.25 for the LNF successfully? I'd like to make the jump but don't want to have partial function and have to rely on switching between 2.24 and 2.25

Very interested in the new scanner...

Thanks
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post

Anyone using 2.25 for the LNF successfully? I'd like to make the jump but don't want to have partial function and have to rely on switching between 2.24 and 2.25

Very interested in the new scanner...

Thanks
    2.24 is history. 2.25 will work for you just fine.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    2.24 is history. 2.25 will work for you just fine.
    Appreciate it! Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I've been using 2.25 since August and haven't had any real issues with it. My Sky has an auto trans and 2.25 gives the the capability to read and write to the TCM which really helped me. In 2.24 I was never able to raise my rpms in the ECM because the TCM was always making it shift at the speed and rpm it had written to it so 2.25 has let me not only raise those parameters but it has also helped me to get the trans to shift the way I want it to.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    I've been using 2.25 since August and haven't had any real issues with it. My Sky has an auto trans and 2.25 gives the the capability to read and write to the TCM which really helped me. In 2.24 I was never able to raise my rpms in the ECM because the TCM was always making it shift at the speed and rpm it had written to it so 2.25 has let me not only raise those parameters but it has also helped me to get the trans to shift the way I want it to.
    Thanks for your input Jim!

Advanced Tuner
    I use the 2.25 to read and write all the LNF that I tune too. I still use the 2.24 Scanner, but no biggy there.

The only gripe about 2.25 is that I seem to not be able to PASTE SPECIAL anymore.

Advanced Tuner
    Appreciate the input Steve

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    I use the 2.25 to read and write all the LNF that I tune too. I still use the 2.24 Scanner, but no biggy there.

The only gripe about 2.25 is that I seem to not be able to PASTE SPECIAL anymore.
    I see this as well, Im using 2.25 editor, will paste special work with 2.25 scanner?
    99 red ss m6: 1 1/4 drop, aluminum flywheel, Mccloed adj master, B&M riper w/ cut stick, 4.10's, eradi speed rotors w/ hawk pads, Hp Tuners, LM-1, FAST 90/NW 90, Kooks LT's, costom 3" true duals

1/4-13.6 @ 101 mph stock

LSX Perfomance

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    not trying to be rude but this is a simple software function that doesn't effect a tune. with no repercussions you should try it out and see if it works yourself. if something doesn't work submit a software issue claim to hptuners tech and help them develop their software packages.
    their isn't enough people testing stuff to help verify this stuff. as someone who is testing with 2.25 myself, i think we need more people testing in 4 cyl applications. so test it and help the rest of us out
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-08-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    not trying to be rude but this is a simple software function that doesn't effect a tune. with no repercussions you should try it out and see if it works yourself. if something doesn't work submit a software issue claim to hptuners tech and help them develop their software packages.
    their isn't enough people testing stuff to help verify this stuff. as someone who is testing with 2.25 myself, i think we need more people testing in 4 cyl applications. so test it and help the rest of us out
    I will have an lnf for a couple weeks to tinker with and will be more than happy to test out the 2.25 stuff on it.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Yes, the copy/pastespecial issue does not affect the tune. I have yet to see tune related issues with 2.25. And the 5-Speed auto tuning on the Solstice and Sky is mighty sweet! Where was this feature 8 years ago?!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yea the trans feature was good for drag racing. shaved off a lot of time
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I am wanting to purchase the 2.25 beta version but only see the 2.24 available .
    Do I need an update from 2.24 ?

Advanced Tuner
    You have to contact support and request the beta version. They will put it up on your customer page and you don't have to purchase it - it's part of their ongoing support for the product.