Thread: 00 silverado and th350 tuning

00 silverado and th350 tuning

I have never tried this combination before but we are building a large 50" tire mud truck that is a 00 silverado and a th350 trans. I was told that i would have to use hp and tune out parts of the trans so that it would idle and run right? I have hp but can anyone help with what needs to be tuned out or changed?

Thank you in advance.

mainly just the dtc's need shut off. Or you can pull a tune out of the repository that has a manual trans and then just swap the Trans and trans diagnostic segments.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Advanced Tuner
    ive done quite a few th400 conversions (tune setups etc) and you do turn off things in the DTC/ Idle adaptive areas sometimes it depends on gearbox load etc, trans diag also/go into the trans general areas and change from whatever trans to manual etc , to do it properly its not just changing Dtc's I have found other areas in the tune need to be disabled/tuned and turned off, you will be surprised how it affects the setup in regards to trans load Cheers Bret

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    go into the trans general areas and change from whatever trans to manual
    I've never seen this change affect anything.
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Advanced Tuner
    cars that I have done (AUS) have but everyone is different

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    cars that I have done (AUS) have but everyone is different
    I wonder what the difference is? I know i can toggle and flash any of those and it changes nothing to my lq4-th400 setup. I e-mailed support about 2 years ago about using that for controls and they said it had to be a segment swap or eliminate DTC's. But i did have someone respond to a thread i was in some time ago mentioning that some OS's did have some affect from that change. Would you recollect what years and OS #'s you've had it work on?
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx

Advanced Tuner
    yeah mate will do once back on my tuning laptop i'll have a look and get back to you ,my memory aint too good with numbers hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    I wonder what the difference is? I know i can toggle and flash any of those and it changes nothing to my lq4-th400 setup. I e-mailed support about 2 years ago about using that for controls and they said it had to be a segment swap or eliminate DTC's. But i did have someone respond to a thread i was in some time ago mentioning that some OS's did have some affect from that change. Would you recollect what years and OS #'s you've had it work on?