Thread: Magancharged 05 GTO issue?

Advanced Tuner

Magancharged 05 GTO issue?

Hey guys we just got in a 05 GTO with a magnacharger and it seems that the LS2/LS7s have there own set of qwirks like the ls1/ls6s. Anyway I have the car running great but at around 5500 rpm under or near WOT the car acts as if it is hitting a rev limiter or what i suspect to be more of a torque based ETC contolled limit. How do i verify this and has anyone else seen this?

the early LS2 code has bug in it (yes GM has bugs too) that causes the MAF to bug out at 11,500 Hz. Log the MAF freq to see what i mean.

We have a patch for the code that can be accessed under the Operating System section. Set it to "Patched" and then do a Write Entire (you only need to do this once).

Also, be sure to disable P0108 as it will also set at part throttle on boost and you will lean out. The LS2 switches to the VE table if the MAP fails... go figure.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Chris. I will give her a try.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    the early LS2 code has bug in it (yes GM has bugs too) that causes the MAF to bug out at 11,500 Hz. Log the MAF freq to see what i mean.

We have a patch for the code that can be accessed under the Operating System section. Set it to "Patched" and then do a Write Entire (you only need to do this once).

Also, be sure to disable P0108 as it will also set at part throttle on boost and you will lean out. The LS2 switches to the VE table if the MAP fails... go figure.

Chris...
    Would this same problem arise if we set the maf fail to happen at say 5000hz so we go into speed density from there , I did this on a Vortech install last week but have a wierd issue where on the dyno all is great but occasionally on the road the dynamic air cylinder is dropping by 1/3 for no apparent reason ( map is constant as well as tps and rpm )and leaning out the motor , next time you hit the throttle and go through the exact same area all is fine.