Thread: 2.2 ecotec offroad buggy high idle

Potential Tuner

2.2 ecotec offroad buggy high idle

another newb ?
    I have a 2.2 ecotec from a 2004 sun fire in a buggy, engine is all stock the problem is engine idles at 800 until it starts to see vehicle speed and then ramps up to 1200 rpms over the first 15 mph and drops back to 800 when stopped.
    hopping some one can point me in the right direction, any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Could you attach a log of the event that you are talking about from the Scanner?

Potential Tuner
    I will as soon as I get back to it tonight sorry was going to last night but got late
    I have it up on stands now and just turning the tires it shows 3 or 4 mph the rpm comes up to 1000
    Runs great just makes it difficult to idle around in the tight stuff
    It wants to do about 12 mph when idling and stays up around 1200 rpm

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    this is an alpha n ecu, it shouldn't be effected by vss but most buggy tuners fully disable all vss codes which may also clear this up.
    the rule of thumb is if its no longer installed, disable it so the ecu isn't effecting your tune with something it electronically doesn't have access to anymore.

otherwise a log file will be required to verify which leg of the engine management system is acting up. (as previously requested)
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner

log file added

thanks again for taking the time to look at this for me
    car is on stands and just spinning the tire by hand

#14 hptunners.hpl
    #14 hptunners.hpl