Thread: turning off dtc's

turning off dtc's

Does un-clicking the check marks for dtc's also stop the computer from going into "limp mode"? I know the ses light won't come on. If it still can hit "limp mode" what do I need to do to prevent that?

Jody

Senior Tuner
    Which code in particular ask you curious about? The SES Enable is used for "emissions" reason and to flag the driver of an error by displaying the Service Engine Soon light, by unclicking it you will not get this light nor the Service Vehicle light. It the code is determental to the operation of the engine/vehicle it will still go into limp home mode IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Which code in particular ask you curious about? The SES Enable is used for "emissions" reason and to flag the driver of an error by displaying the Service Engine Soon light, by unclicking it you will not get this light nor the Service Vehicle light. It the code is determental to the operation of the engine/vehicle it will still go into limp home mode IIRC.

Ok, more info. I am going to be piggybacking a BigStuff 3 to this car to control the fuel and timing. The factory ecu and HPTuners will run the trans, fans, idle speed, etc. I am trying to find out how to turn off things related to fueling, maf, etc. that will cause the computer to go limp mode as far as the trans. Obviously it won't be able to affect the fuel or timing at all, but it would likely affect the trans controls (it's an auto trans).

Once HPTuners has the 2 bar speed density tuning for the LS2 the BS3 will be removed for another project.

Jody

So is there a way to shut off whatever is required to ensure it won't go into limp mode?

Jody

Am I being shunned?

for the LS2 you need to set the thresholds for the P0068 and P0101,106,121 so that the tests do not run.

Also disable P0108 in the DTC list by setting to no error reported.

How much boost are you running?

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    for the LS2 you need to set the thresholds for the P0068 and P0101,106,121 so that the tests do not run.

Also disable P0108 in the DTC list by setting to no error reported.

How much boost are you running?

Chris...
    Thank you Chris. I will not be running more than 14-15 psi for the most part. I may do a race tune with 17-18 psi just to see, but I plan on no more than 14 psi as a general setting. When you guys get to the testing stage for a 2 bar LS2 setup I'd be happy to participate!

Jody