Thread: LS2 fan settings

Senior Tuner

LS2 fan settings

So is there an agreed upon fan settings for 160* t-stats using the LS2 Fan % On tables? What about the other fan tables. Do they need to be changed?

Advanced Tuner
    Since the LS2 can only be turned on starting at 192 degrees, I would set it to 100% across the board. For racing, I setup a manual fan switch with relays that I run on high until I stage, then shut them off to keep the load off the alternator. This weekend I was able to keep the car at 172-176 degrees with the fans on high and the IAT in the 60's. I assume this is hot enough to keep the car from staying in warm up mode?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Since the LS2 can only be turned on starting at 192 degrees
    Are you saying there is no way to turn the fans on below this ECT without a manual switch?

Advanced Tuner
    On the 05' and 06' GTO, yes, that's what I'm saying. I believe all LS2's are that way versus on the LS1's you could tell each fan to turn on and off at whatever temps you wanted.

Yes, it sucks. It would be really nice to set it to turn on 75% at 179 and off at 178. for racing.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Maybe we need this as an option on the LS2's. Rescale the Fan Temps.
    Please Chris!!!

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    since we were asking

what "EC Tune" mention and more trans tables(the big one I need)
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

There is no option for the fan temp axis, it is hardcoded, the only way is to modify the OS, which could become part of a future custom OS i guess.

A few extra tables for the trans trans is on my to do list.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    so is everybody setting the fans to be 100% across the board? and has anybody ran into any problems by doing that?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WicketMike
    so is everybody setting the fans to be 100% across the board? and has anybody ran into any problems by doing that?

thanks
    I have the stock temp T-stat so I don't really like the idea of the fans being on full at normal operating temperature. I don't mind the ECT setting around 190F but I don't want it at 200F so I set mine to (42%@196F, 58%@199, 75%@203, 91%@207F-basically a steady ramp up to full on). It seems 91% is the factory set for full on so I felt no need to tell it 100%. I also noticed that with the stock settings, 25% as seen in the table doesn't seem to turn the fan on at all. You can monitor "Fan Desired %" and it will stay at 25% even when ECT is really cold.

Maybe I'm a bit over cautious, but its still quite a bit dramatic compared to stock and I rarely see much over 200F unless I'm in traffic for extended periods.