Thread: Coyote Return Style Fuel System

Advanced Tuner

Coyote Return Style Fuel System

So there is minimum on time, secondary monitor, inferred rail pressure, inferred rail pressure low, and off duty cycle. What needs to be changed, if anything, in order to accommodate a return style fuel system?

Is it possible to run return on stock pump? I've already upgraded feed line to -8 and I'm ready to purchase regulator and return fittings etc. I was just going to plumb return line into the top of the factory hat. Have yet to take it apart to that level to actually see it, but I do know that there is plenty of room on the stock hat for a fitting to be plumbed on it. I just adapted the stock 3/8 outlet to a -8 in case any were wondering how I went from the 3/8 to -8.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Disable secondary monitor, set inferred rail pressure and inferred rail pressure low to your base fuel pressure with vacuum line off. You'll have to disable some DTCs for the fuel pump control module. This is assuming you're using a vacuum/boost reference system. You can compare an FRPP controls pack tune posted around here somewhere to your stock tune to get an idea of what they disabled and changed. Control pack is setup to run 55psi boost referenced.

Tuner in Training
    What are your plans for fuel pump? Just curious

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks witt.

Toby: I plan on running a pair of aems

http://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/50-120...FQktaQodNQwA2g
    Last edited by schaid; 05-29-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Disable secondary monitor, set inferred rail pressure and inferred rail pressure low to your base fuel pressure with vacuum line off. You'll have to disable some DTCs for the fuel pump control module. This is assuming you're using a vacuum/boost reference system. You can compare an FRPP controls pack tune posted around here somewhere to your stock tune to get an idea of what they disabled and changed. Control pack is setup to run 55psi boost referenced.
    So I looked at some cj stuff. The have pressure set at 60 coupled with the secondary monitor off. Seems to be the opposite of what you're saying. Unless they run a base pressure of 60. The car will never see boost. I'm building a fuel system to go along with a na/nitrous build I plan on. I'm just building/tuning the fuel system now so that adjustments and variables are less when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    So I looked at some cj stuff. The have pressure set at 60 coupled with the secondary monitor off. Seems to be the opposite of what you're saying. Unless they run a base pressure of 60. The car will never see boost. I'm building a fuel system to go along with a na/nitrous build I plan on. I'm just building/tuning the fuel system now so that adjustments and variables are less when that time comes.
    I'm not sure how the cobrajets are setup but other than base pressure being different I don't see how that's the opposite of what I was stating. They also disable secondary monitor, set inferred rail pressure to base pressure and have related DTCs disabled which is what I originally posted.

I referenced the FRPP control pack tune as there's documentation available online that explains how the fuel system should be setup (55psi vac/boost referenced).

frpp control pack.hpt

Last edited by Witt; 05-31-2015 at 06:37 PM.

If you're not going to install a fuel system using a vacuum referenced regulator then your inferred rail pressure values can stay stock if you run stock pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    Well it will be vac referenced. Just not boost. Thanks for the info. Now just to find how to get this strategy hard limit crap fixed.