Thread: Procharger installed, but...

Tuner in Training

Procharger installed, but...

So the procharger is installed, but it's not playing well with the engine. I have the flashing red bolt of glory and check engine light. I was able to pull code p0129. I tried adjusting the map linear offset, but for some reason it maxes out at 46.83 kpa. I have the lm2 on but I somehow forgot to purchase the analog cable. Watching the wideband, it starts out very rich then goes very lean. It won't go past 2000 rpms while driving. I am pretty much at the end of the road as far as my knowledge of dodge tuning. I will post up my tune in case someone sees something obviously wrong.

ProchargerBase.hpt
    2014 HO SRT8 Core Challenger M6
    Petty Front Strut Bar and HP Tuners Beta

Senior Tuner
    Post your stock file also, please. The issue is likely you "Baro Voltage Minimum" setting.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Adding stock tune as requested.

SRT8stock.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Yes, you need to adjust the Baro Voltage Minimum and your MAP Max value. You can adjust the Baro Max Voltage, if you like, but it shouldn't cause an issue if left alone.

I didn't really look at anything else.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, Jaime. I assume I would lower the Baro Voltage minimum to around half the present value, and double the MAP Max to start?

Tuner in Training
    Jaime, you're a genius. It lives! After halving the voltage and doubling the kpa in the tune. The red bolt is gone and so is the check engine light. I'll drive and log to make sure. Once again you're a life saver.

Tuner in Training
    I am now logging fuel trims to adjust VE. I will use this approach until I get my analog cable. I had to adjust the injpw offset first. I am getting a weird hitting the wall effect at 3500 rpm's and then it goes into limp mode. Afr is 11.5 until it hits this point. Do I need to up the max airflow limits?

Tuner in Training
    I adjusted the calculated map vs actual deltas. It now runs to 4000 rpms. I feel the same effect, but no codes or limp mode. Any ideas?

Tuner in Training
    Am I in uncharted territory with HP tuners, or I am at the pay to play level? I am willing to pay a consulting fee if someone is willing to advise.

I am posting up my scan. It is definitely a throttle cut, as you can see pedal position is 91%, but the commanded, relative and TPS all decrease. I stayed in it to see what happens. The relief valve opens as soon as I hit the wall and then the car tries to accelerate again. The best example begins @17:20.

prochr060120151630.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I am ashamed to admit this, but the culprit was a loose hose clamp. It blew off while testing. Tightened the dickens out of it, made a run and Holy S*** did it pull. Past 4000 it starts to get pretty rich, but I do have it set to .0220. I can probably back it off some...Once again, thanks everyone...and please feel free to learn from my mistakes.

Senior Tuner
    Procharger's clamps are terrible. You really have to watch them.
    Jaime