Thread: A Couple Newbie Questions

Tuner in Training

A Couple Newbie Questions

I am new to the HP tuner software. I have a couple newbie questions. I am working with a 2003 chevy 2.2l ecotec.. (1) Can I do "real time" tuning and if so how do you set it? (2) How would I know what version of HP tuner software I am using.... Thanks Craig

For version open hpt and goto help->about

Tuner in Training
    Thanks

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    under Operating System (OS) there will be a drop down that says what is included and it will say Live Tuning or RTT. you have to pay extra credits for it if its an available option for you, but last i checked all 4 cylinder ecotecs don't get RTT so its probably not an option for you.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Not to mention that my 1990's VCR had more options for programming than the 2003 2.2L ECM

Tuner in Training
    Is version 2.24.649 the latest version... I was looking around at different tunes and got a message saying the tune was made later version..

I looked under the OS and there is nothing in the drop down box...I must have a VCR from the 70`s lol...
    Last edited by moose13; 05-30-2015 at 10:52 PM.

You have to download the newest version from your customer page. The newest version is well past 1000. Go here: https://www.hptuners.com/customers/
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    There is also a Beta 2.25 out as well by request only. You can email support for access to that.

Tuner in Training
    What is the difference between the two?

Advanced Tuner
    One of the big differences in the LNF world is being able to tune the 5-speed Automatic transmissions in the Solstice and Sky with the 2.25 Beta version. That is a big deal, but might not apply directly to you. In addition to that there are other vehicles and years that you can tune with it that are not listed on their current list of supported vehicles. I would highly doubt any enhancements had been made to the Cavalier tuning.