Thread: Lean restart need help what am i missing.

Lean restart need help what am i missing.

I need some help with restarting hot. When restarting it goes real lean for about 1 minute or until the fuel trims take over and add a bunch of fuel. It will eventually settle in and the trims stay with 1 to 2% running normally. I have tried changing the afterstart enrichment table with no help. If someone could guide me to where to look I would greatly appreciate it. I included the cfg., hpl files and two logs. One is after running showing fuel trims the other a hot restart. Thanks for any help you can give me I have been chasing this for a week.
    2011 GMC Sierra 4X4 SLE Lysholm 2300 Supercharger 5" BDS Lift, 33X12.50X20 Nitto's and 20" Chrome Wheels.

Advanced Tuner
    If you mess with the after start tables enough, they will do what you want.
    Does it run bad lean when hot? Or is it just bugging you?

RonSSnova thanks for your reply. it runs really lean and stalls first restart even second restart before it stays running. Then reports 16 to 1 and idles very rough. I just upped the afterstart enrichment 130% and that seemed to help but still pretty lean. Now after about two minutes it runs really rich for about 5 minutes and then runs 14.7 like normal. Any ideas as to why it would be so rich and then return to normal. Running the cylinder charge temperature disabled so it's 100% IAT. Thanks again for the help.
    2011 GMC Sierra 4X4 SLE Lysholm 2300 Supercharger 5" BDS Lift, 33X12.50X20 Nitto's and 20" Chrome Wheels.

Advanced Tuner
    Looking at your hot start log, it does start rich (AFR Commanded) but in just a few seconds it heads to 14.6: 1 right about the time the engine goes lean.
    Have a look at my tune here, slightly different OS, but this is what works for me in maf only.
    I don't have the complex charge bias table. These tables look to me like they work only off coolant temp.
    You will note that I have my initial adder set t .250 from 133 to 198 degrees.
    My decay delay is set to 50 for most cells. That keeps it rich longer.

So in short, you need to add to the delay so it stays rich for about 30 sec total. I know it's confusing figuring out how cam rotations relate to time.......

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Looking at your hot start log, it does start rich (AFR Commanded) but in just a few seconds it heads to 14.6: 1 right about the time the engine goes lean.
    Have a look at my tune here, slightly different OS, but this is what works for me in maf only.
    I don't have the complex charge bias table. These tables look to me like they work only off coolant temp.
    You will note that I have my initial adder set t .250 from 133 to 198 degrees.
    My decay delay is set to 50 for most cells. That keeps it rich longer.

So in short, you need to add to the delay so it stays rich for about 30 sec total. I know it's confusing figuring out how cam rotations relate to time.......

Have fun!
    RonSSnova Thanks made the changes you had and it starts much better. Just need to play a little more to get it where it needs to be. Thanks for the help

Advanced Tuner
    You're welcome.

Ron