Thread: Need Advise on 06 300C SRT

Need Advise on 06 300C SRT

I recently had a customer get in touch with me about tuning a 06 300C SRT with a Stroker engine and twin turbos. He wants to push it to 16lbs, have any of you out there done some tuning on some aggressive dodge stuff with hptuners? I have used this for GM for many years but have only tried one Hemi, and dataloging wasn't too great at the time. This has been some time ago and it may be different now, I would like to hear what some of you who may have done something similar to this would advise me to do. Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2006 SRT8 as well. Apparently they came with one of two ECMs, the NGC3 or NGC3 CAN. The NGC3 CAN seems to present some issues and is only supported in the 2.25 beta. I have done some fan tuning, but there doesn't appear to be a way to watch KR currently. We will need to wait until 2.25 is finalized to get full functionality.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybanshee_2000 View Post
    I recently had a customer get in touch with me about tuning a 06 300C SRT with a Stroker engine and twin turbos. He wants to push it to 16lbs, have any of you out there done some tuning on some aggressive dodge stuff with hptuners? I have used this for GM for many years but have only tried one Hemi, and dataloging wasn't too great at the time. This has been some time ago and it may be different now, I would like to hear what some of you who may have done something similar to this would advise me to do. Thanks in advance.
    The editor has everything you'll need to calibrate it properly and depending on the OS your working with, the 2.24 scanner has all the enhanced PIDs you will need. There were some 05-06 Enhanced PIDs loaded into 2.24 early on. If not, the 2.25 scanner is coming along everyday. If the car has a Diablo currently, then you can use the 2.24 Scanner with the SAE PIDs to get your VE table and fuel trims in line, and then use the Diablo Dataviewer and a dyno to get the WOT dialed in.

I've done it several times (turbos and SC) and have posted some scanner configs about it that a search should bring up. It works.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by elementaltoad View Post
    I have a 2006 SRT8 as well. Apparently they came with one of two ECMs, the NGC3 or NGC3 CAN. The NGC3 CAN seems to present some issues and is only supported in the 2.25 beta. I have done some fan tuning, but there doesn't appear to be a way to watch KR currently. We will need to wait until 2.25 is finalized to get full functionality.
    Try updating to a newer version of the Beta. We are currently on version 2.25.2077. I was able to successfully log the following Knock related PIDs this morning for NGC3 CAN equipped vehicles:

• Total Knock Retard
    • Knock Retard Short Term
    • Knock Retard Long Term
    • Knock Retard Max Short Term
    • Knock Retard Max Long Term
    • Knock Retard Max Total
    • Knock Voltage 1
    • Knock Severity

Thanks!

Excellent, I'll study up for a few more days to try and prepare and I may give this a shot!! Thanks for the replies!!

Senior Tuner
    Hey guys - can one of you post up a stock 2006 calibration?

Tuner in Training
    Attached is a stock tune from my 2006 SRT8. It is a NGC3 CAN car. You will need to use the beta software to read it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by elementaltoad View Post
    Attached is a stock tune from my 2006 SRT8. It is a NGC3 CAN car. You will need to use the beta software to read it.
    Awesome, my new VCM suite comes tomorrow with Dodge credits, so I will be using the beta software.