Thread: lean spikes under boost need help!!

Tuner in Training

lean spikes under boost need help!!

My truck is experiencing lean spikes during boost, i have always had turbo lsx cars and wanted to try something new so I installed a turbo on my truck. My truck has a l5 3.5L, I installed a turbo and I am currently working on tuning it. turbocharging this engine has only been done a hand full of times and I cant seem to find anyone that will help me figure out this issue. I know im posting in the wrong section but nobody in the I5 section has any clue about turbo charging one. I am hopping that someone could help!!

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-in-boost-Help!

Tuning Addict
    Do you have the ability to apply a sd operating system via OS enhancements tab? If you do, then do this and look under power enrichment for a boost fueling pid. I believe what you have going on with the lean spikes being eveywhere (possibly getting into and out of throttle?) is the usual turbo spoil up at different rpms issue.

Make sure your dialing in SD and MAF with constant throttle and not into and out of situations.

Tune and log will also help everyone...

Really hoping you have the enhancements for SD, otherwise she's going to be a pain and will need to adjust PE aggresively.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Never mind, saw it was already replied to and you aparently don't have the OS upgrade. Follow what Russ says and just make sure you dial in MAF and SD with constant load and throttle.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC