Thread: constantly running rich. No Narrow band, just wideband 3800sc

Potential Tuner

constantly running rich. No Narrow band, just wideband 3800sc

My cars wideband is reading 9.6 commanded is 14.7 no matter how much i alter the ve table it doesnt seem to be moving any leaner??? Thats just sitting at idle when I give the car throttle it wants to die. Ive tried and tried to take out fuel and doesnt seem to be making a difference.

99 GTP SC Gen V full stack intercooler, stage 3 heads, XPZ cam 60lb injectors, Headers

I said in your other thread that it takes nearlly everything it wants to know from the MAF sensor, the VE table really does nothing. It might help with some AE stuff but thats it.

You will need to keep the bank 1 o2 sensor plugged in at all times.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So if the MAF ever fails. Then im just stuck?

Kinda, pretty much.

You can unplug it and then start it to get it run, but you are basically in a limp mode. They don't run really well with the maf unplugged but it's enough to get you home if the stock VE table is in there. Never tried to run it with the maf unplugged and a modded ve table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    You are able to tune the VE's if you choices to. The car well respone like a carb. I tune my for the hell of it and it runs find. And did it to see for my self.

With the Mass Air flow plug in and working. When you hit the gas, air rushes in the motor the maps well see the pressure change before the mass air flow get the Hz flow reading catches up. The 2 do yes work together hand in hand.

have fun