Thread: I5 colorado turbo Lean Spikes in boost Help!

Tuner in Training

I5 colorado turbo Lean Spikes in boost Help!

I have a 2005 Colorado I5 turbo running stock map with MAF, working on tuning it under boost 4psi max at this time.
    Im experiencing lean spikes under boost in pe and cant seem to figure it out, the timing spikes right before the lean spikes.
    the log file attached is in open loop, any help would be great!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Any help would be great!! if you need any info i forgot please ask. Im not new to tuning just somewhat new with HP tuners. Nobody around my area or surrounding states want to tune this truck, might be scared idk. Everything was going great with the tuning and I have been driving the truck alot, have around 6k on the new setup (keeping it out of boost). I took it for a drive again yesterday and filmed under the hood at the fuel pressure regulator, everything seems to be working fine and I regapped the plugs to 25 from 28. I am not tuning wot yet, this is all around 38-70% throttle normal driving and around 3-4 psi boost. It seem to spike when i hold boost for alittle while, if i just boost it for a couple seconds everything is fine. Yesterday it went into limp mode the second time I boosted it, gave a code for Map and maf, not sure of the code number had to delete them fast and get back on the road. Could it be the map sensor freaking out? its a new sensor, i have a 2 bar sensor that I could install just wasnt sure if I could just use it with a maf tune? The drive yesterday only spiked on the afr not timing for some reason. I didnt see anything and Im not getting any knock registering but if you listen in the video you can hear something the second time I boosted it before it went into limp mode.
    2005 colorado xtream
    3.5L stock but rebuilt
    precision pt62 grand national turbo
    injectors siemen 60s
    meth not connected
    2300 stall stage 3 trans
    NGK LTR61X-11 6509 spark plugs
    the header does have a small exhaust leak, could this cause the issue?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPXn2fMDcjE

You need to log the commanded AFR pid, then the AFR error histogram will work. And delete bank 2 injector pulse width & fuel trims, they are not used on your vehicle and will through off the injector duty cycle % and the fuel trim histograms.

If your exceeding 11000 hz, then you will need to raise your MAf fail freq fail field. And you may have to max the P0068 enable RPM field.

A 2 bar map is of no value on your truck, as there is no 2 bar OS available. Post your stock tune.

Any exhaust leaks close or upstream of the wideband will cause an inaccurate AFR reading.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    You need to log the commanded AFR pid, then the AFR error histogram will work. And delete bank 2 injector pulse width & fuel trims, they are not used on your vehicle and will through off the injector duty cycle % and the fuel trim histograms.

If your exceeding 11000 hz, then you will need to raise your MAf fail freq fail field. And you may have to max the P0068 enable RPM field.

A 2 bar map is of no value on your truck, as there is no 2 bar OS available. Post your stock tune.

Any exhaust leaks close or upstream of the wideband will cause an inaccurate AFR reading.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks alot for the help, I made the changes and I will try them out tomorrow
    I also changed the LTFT Boundaries, Fingers crossed~

2005 Colorado Xtreme factory tune.hpt
    Last edited by turbospanky; 05-25-2015 at 08:23 PM.