Thread: Replacing stock LS1 with LS6 and LT Any Help Greatly Appreciated!!

Potential Tuner

Replacing stock LS1 with LS6 and LT Any Help Greatly Appreciated!!

Hi
    First Thank You for taking your time to read my post. I appreciate it regardless if you help or not.
    So I have a 2000 camaro ss with 6 speed. I broke the stock ls1 and thankfully my dad had bought a crate LS6 long block several years ago for a project he ended up selling. So i am installing this 2003 LS6 long block in my car with long tube headers on it. I have no emissions testing so i am not concerned with polluting the environment.
    Oh i bought a ls6 manifold and put my ls1 injectors and everything on it. So other then the headers the powerplant is stock LS6.

I assume the stock LS1 tune wont work and wanted to know if anyone would be willing to tell me how to tune it? I just bought hp tuners and have never used it before so im not sure where to start or what to do.
    Any Guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Just start reading the stickies. There is alot of information on here. Then check for a stock ls6 tune in the repository on the hp tuners customer login page. Compare and see whats different.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokestack View Post
    Just start reading the stickies. There is alot of information on here. Then check for a stock ls6 tune in the repository on the hp tuners customer login page. Compare and see whats different.

Yea there is a lot of information!! Thats precisely why I asked for help, I couldnt live long enough to read everything, let alone sort out the countless contradictions, dependencies and errors.
    Thanks

There is a lot to ready, of course. But, the only way to learn is read or find a business that does training. Where exactly are you located?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More