Thread: pcm with no vin??

Potential Tuner

pcm with no vin??

I just traded my ls foxbody for this 63 nova with a corvette ls1 in it with painless harness and stock ecu.
    I have hptuners pro and I have used it before but never had this issue before.
    when I go to the editor to connect to the pcm it asks for the vin like always but I don't know the vin and its not pulling it by itself..what simple way can I just put another vin in the pcm to be able to do some tuning in it.
    I am unsure of what pcm is in the car, my guess would be from either an 01-02 corvette ls1 but im just going off what engine I have in the car when I got it.
    I do not want to take it to the dealer to get them to reflash it to stock with a new vin, and I also only have access to my own hptuners pro software..i either would like to simply put another vin in it or just get a different pcm.

Potential Tuner
    also it had been programmed before by a company that also uses hptuners and does not lock their pcm's, I already talked to the guy but didn't understand the steps he told me to do over the phone at all..someone had peeled the barcode off the pcm

Senior Tuner
    I've never had HP Tuners editor ask me to enter a VIN#.