Thread: Primary VE help

Potential Tuner

Primary VE help

Hey guys, I posted the other day about my Wideband and stft's contradicting themselves, it has gotten a little bit better but still having issues. Im finding when driving around part throttle, my short term fuel trims are wanting to pull fuel above 2500ish, but at the same time, my wideband is reading 16-17afr's. usually under slight acceleration. I had it tuned at a shop last year before I've done quite a few upgrades since then, so I am still working based off of the 2bar SD tune, Maf shut off, but still plugged in and in line for my IAT's. I tried with ltft's shut off to get it dialed in but no different.

Setup is as follows:

383CI ls1 based stroker
    9:1 compression, PRC227 CC aftermarket castings, 230/230 .615/.598, on a 114LSA. ID1000's, Walbro 450 pump Returnless at the moment, Fast 92/92, Single turbo, 6 speed car.

Yes i understand my VE table could use some smoothing out for sure, but just looking for a little guidance. Seems as though im just chasing my tail around. Unfortunately, the Wideband isnt connected for the log file I've attached, I will try and get another log if needed with the wideband on there (limited due to not having hptuners Pro, will have to mock it up through ac switch tomorrow)

Just looking for someone to have a peek over the tune, and see if something is missing. bank 2 sensor 1 is not logging because i was told by tuner that being the drivers side crosses over and feeds into the passenger side that it was better to base the stft's and ltft's off of just the bank 1 sensor. Wideband is located 16" downstream of turbo.

Seems that making VE changes doesnt want to adjust as well as i had expected on the part throttle stuff.

Thanks in advance, as this is the first time i've attempted to adjust the VE table to get it within spec to drive.

Todd
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to have B1S1 & B2S1 O2's in the correct manifolds pre Turbo in order for correct closed loop fuel trims. You can't have both 02's in the same pipe. The trims will be all over the place, as they are just fitting each other.

I highly recommend a 160*F stat & lower your fan 2 on & off temps, your engine is running very warm just cruising. Also your idle KPA is very high for your cam, What's the ICL? Try 24* idle timing to see if it lowers the idle KPA. And I think those injectors are too big for your power potential.

Russ Kemp