Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Ford Tips

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    Is it possible to get Injector Duty Cycle or Pulsewidth, Knock Sensor MR (in degrees), and Vehicle Acceleration Rate added to 2010 GT500 FBRE7S4?

Thank you!
    Added Pulsewidth and Knock sensor, could you test and verify for me? It will be in tomorrows beta

-Matt

I haven't tried 2.25 in a while. Is KR for the Oak ECMs working yet?
    2007 Mustang GT
    305ci big bore (5.0L Cammer block)
    Ported heads
    Lunati cams and springs
    Usual compliment of bolt-ons

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I am told the scanner now supports DMR logging and Rapid Packet on the older Oak PCMs we support.

We have to put it through testing and find / fix any bugs that may be there.

Big news, especially for the Australian guys!
    It has only been six months since they got DMRs working on the Oak PCMs so it will be quite a while before they will be able to get back to this. A couple of months ago Eric was able to get DMRs working on my Spanish Oak PCM but there is then the massive task of mapping the required DMRs to all the supported PCMs. Maybe Eric can advise an expected time or go and borrow and XCAL and use that LiveLink thing that we Ausys have to suffer with until it is resolved.
    Last edited by DarrylC; 11-06-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Eric has said "very soon" a while ago so I just was checking in to see if very soon happened yet.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    Added Pulsewidth and Knock sensor, could you test and verify for me? It will be in tomorrows beta

-Matt
    Using build 2593 and 2594, can see and select both but both only display 0 when datalogging.
    Last edited by Yagermeister; 11-09-2015 at 12:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I cannot add Wideband custom EIO input. I've got the latest beta. The instructions I found for .24 referenced a display menu, but I cannot even find that menu. Am I just stuck with the old version for now?

Quote Originally Posted by walt6076 View Post
    I cannot add Wideband custom EIO input. I've got the latest beta. The instructions I found for .24 referenced a display menu, but I cannot even find that menu. Am I just stuck with the old version for now?
    Add your MPVI input channel to the channels display. Then right click that parameter, and transform it to the sensor you're using.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Add your MPVI input channel to the channels display. Then right click that parameter, and transform it to the sensor you're using.
    There is no FJO Racing wideband option. Will this one be added soon?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training

Adding WB

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Thanks! Worked perfectly. FWIW, I was confused by all the old documentation out there telling how to setup a WB using menu display / table. I know you guys are as busy as you can be, I get that, but getting that documentation updated would have saved me from bugging you.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    There is no FJO Racing wideband option. Will this one be added soon?

Russ Kemp
    I haven't added the FJO yet because it doesn't use a simple, linear scale, like all the other wideband outputs.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by csracing View Post
    Eric has said "very soon" a while ago so I just was checking in to see if very soon happened yet.

I need Knock sensor for 2006 MUSTANG gt

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2008 GT500 and I know there are two IAT sensors, one before the intercooler, i.e. in fresh air, and another after the blower when the air has been heated by the compressor. I've heard the second sensor called IAT2. I cannot find anything like that in the channels for my car using the latest beta. Is it not available, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Tuner in Training
    I'm tuning the MAF for my 2008 GT500 using LTFT for CL and WB for WOT OL. I've done this years ago on other cars in the dark ages of tuning (twEECer) but I did it the hard way with my own excel sheets and plots. I completely get the concepts. I understand the scanner can build the histograms and save me from all the busy work. I've tried to read the forum but most of what I see talks about plotting "MAF Hz." In my scanner all I can see is MAF SAE (lbs/min which I can convert to g/sec) and MAF sensor which is the 0-5V signal. If anyone can point me to the correct "getting started" post that applies to my Ford vehicle it would be much, much appreciated.

Tuner
    @walt6076 in order to get the IAT2 to show in the scanner you will need to request it for your specific strategy/OS here in this thread or via [email protected]. I did the same for my 2010 GT500 specific strategy and they got it added in

Senior Tuner
    I have a 2008 GT500 and I know there are two IAT sensors, one before the intercooler, i.e. in fresh air, and another after the blower when the air has been heated by the compressor. I've heard the second sensor called IAT2. I cannot find anything like that in the channels for my car using the latest beta. Is it not available, or am I just looking in the wrong place?
    I'm tuning the MAF for my 2008 GT500 using LTFT for CL and WB for WOT OL. I've done this years ago on other cars in the dark ages of tuning (twEECer) but I did it the hard way with my own excel sheets and plots. I completely get the concepts. I understand the scanner can build the histograms and save me from all the busy work. I've tried to read the forum but most of what I see talks about plotting "MAF Hz." In my scanner all I can see is MAF SAE (lbs/min which I can convert to g/sec) and MAF sensor which is the 0-5V signal. If anyone can point me to the correct "getting started" post that applies to my Ford vehicle it would be much, much appreciated.
    Not sure how much help I can give you but your IAT2 is the same as Manifold Charge Temp. MAF Sensor Period to tune your fuel.

To tune the GT500 for now you really need an SCT tuner. Scan with the SCT and make changes in your tune with HPT.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Not sure how much help I can give you but your IAT2 is the same as Manifold Charge Temp. MAF Sensor Period to tune your fuel.

To tune the GT500 for now you really need an SCT tuner. Scan with the SCT and make changes in your tune with HPT.
    I beg to differ. No need for an SCT Tuner on the older GT500s IF you request what you need to HP Tuners. If no one requests anything for certain years/strategies, there is no incentive for them to work on them. I requested a good number of PIDs and DMRs and given enough time HPT added them and I have now been able to tune with the beta 100% my 2010 GT500

Senior Tuner
    I beg to differ. No need for an SCT Tuner on the older GT500s IF you request what you need to HP Tuners. If no one requests anything for certain years/strategies, there is no incentive for them to work on them. I requested a good number of PIDs and DMRs and given enough time HPT added them and I have now been able to tune with the beta 100% my 2010 GT500
    Ok, I'm going to see if it works. I'm going to request fuel pump duty cycle for mine.

Tuner in Training
    For my 2008 GT500 (cm 0x7e0 spanish oak 1024k FBMM0c9.hex) can I get injector pulewidth and IAT2 (Manifold Charge Temp)? Thanks.

Any update on the 2015+ Mustang (GT) for Scanner info on torque converter status (and more on the transmission) as well as defining the labels on all the trans tables?

Senior Tuner
    It worked! HPT added fpdc. Thanks HPT!