Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Ford Tips

Advanced Tuner
    Is a negative value in STFT indicating that it's rich and a positive number indication it's lean?

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Is a negative value in STFT indicating that it's rich and a positive number indication it's lean?
    Correct
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you Sir!

I am told the scanner now supports DMR logging and Rapid Packet on the older Oak PCMs we support.

We have to put it through testing and find / fix any bugs that may be there.

Big news, especially for the Australian guys!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I am told the scanner now supports DMR logging and Rapid Packet on the older Oak PCMs we support.

Awesome. That is great news. I am certainly keen to volunteer to test this (HACH3CA)

Woooohooo!

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Awesome. That is great news. I am certainly keen to volunteer to test this (HACH3CA)
    Same! Excited to try it out. FPAF0A3

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    I'll email you.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    where can i download 2.25 from

Advanced Tuner
    I did a log today and saw negative KR reading. Am I looking at this backwards? I thought a positive number was adding spark and negative was pulling spark.

Can someone confirm that the KR is working correctly? Should I not trust the reading?

Quote Originally Posted by bigburrell View Post
    where can i download 2.25 from
    You must email support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

The way it worked on older Ford systems with the other guy's software is you have to think about it as Knock RETARD. So a positive number is "subtracting timing," or retarding it, and a negative number is adding timing or advancing timing. I believe that's how it's set up here but I've been waiting patiently for Eric to answer my question about it.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    The way it worked on older Ford systems with the other guy's software is you have to think about it as Knock RETARD. So a positive number is "subtracting timing," or retarding it, and a negative number is adding timing or advancing timing. I believe that's how it's set up here but I've been waiting patiently for Eric to answer my question about it.
    Plot in chart view against Timing Advance and look for the corresponding dips or peaks in timing. That may help determine what event is taking place.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I did plot it against TA and thought I had it figured out. My log showed up to 8* of KR and was freaking me out since I didn't know if it was advancing or retarding. Then I plotted it against TA and it looked like some of the time is was advancing and some of the time it was retarding. All KR was positive on the log.

I backed it up with a livelink log and it showed that the KR was adding(up to 8*) and pulling spark(up to 2*). So, my conclusion is the KR is NOT working correctly in 2.25.

My last log with 2.25 had some negative KR(-1*) readings which has me confused. I turned all KR spark advance off in my tune. That's why I think KR is not working correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    Just did a drive log with livelink and the same tune that I logged with HPT scanner that recorded -1* of KR. Livelink showed 1* of KR(pulling timing), so from this info, I think HPT scanner is opposite Livelink. It appears -X* is retarding spark with HPT scanner and +X* is advancing spark.

I really like the scanner and I'm learning all I can about it, but if KR is not working correctly, I need to know.

Can someone from HPT please confirm or deny this?
    Last edited by txcharlie; 06-03-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Does the copperhead OS FSFD1AA.H32 have all the PIDs added? I'm not seeing any fuel pump, pressure, and injectors PIDs showing any data. Also, is there a way to export the log to CSV that I could analyze using MegaLogViewerHD? Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    Will injector pulse width be added soon? Sure would like to check my injector duty cycle. (for Ford 2013 GT500)
    Last edited by 8850; 06-05-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Just did a drive log with livelink and the same tune that I logged with HPT scanner that recorded -1* of KR. Livelink showed 1* of KR(pulling timing), so from this info, I think HPT scanner is opposite Livelink. It appears -X* is retarding spark with HPT scanner and +X* is advancing spark.

I really like the scanner and I'm learning all I can about it, but if KR is not working correctly, I need to know.

Can someone from HPT please confirm or deny this?
    It may read opposite. There is a -1 multiplier for that PID. I can set it to 1 if it makes more sense to have it read the other way

Advanced Tuner
    It may read opposite. There is a -1 multiplier for that PID. I can set it to 1 if it makes more sense to have it read the other way
    I'm good with it either way, but since it's called knock retard, in my mind a positive would mean it's retarding and a negative would mean it's advancing. I just want to know the way it's recording.

Advanced Tuner
    Leave it the way it is if a negative number is truly retarding timing

Advanced Tuner
    FPDLA5A2...no maf period no mapped points.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin