Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 2.25 Ford Tips

VCM Scanner 2.25 Ford Tips

Since 2.25 Scanner is now in Beta and I am actively adding more and more parameters for logging, I figured it would be a good time to start a thread about the updates.

If you have already tried 2.25 on your Ford, and are not noticing any new parameters for logging, you may need to make the software repoll for supported parameters.

To do this, delete any files you may have in My Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles

Whenever you connect to a vehicle for the first time, the software polls the available parameters and writes a file into this directory. After that, it always looks at the file for supported parameters (as to not waste time repolling everytime you connect). So if I add new parameters, the software is not going to check for them until you force the software to re-poll.

This past week, I have added DMRs to several different strategies for testing. I have also added a ton of new PIDS for Copperhead, TC-1791, and TC-1797 PCMs.

If you have access to a vehicle, please take a moment to check out all the new stuff, and report back what doesn't work, or is missing.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    MAPPED POINTS AND MAF PERIOD ARE WORKING!!! YOU DA MAN ERIC!

Not sure if it' normal, but when I first cranked car, it showed 100% OP Mapped point, then transitioned to 0/1 Mapped point.

There is no vertical plot line when it's paused.

Also, tried to change chart layout and got the "2 weeks" thingy.

That's all for now.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 05-21-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    MAPPED POINTS AND MAF PERIOD ARE WORKING!!! YOU DA MAN ERIC!

Not sure if it' normal, but when I first cranked car, it showed 100% OP Mapped point, then transitioned to 0/1 Mapped point.

There is no vertical plot line when it's paused.

Also, tried to change chart layout and got the "2 weeks" thingy.

That's all for now.
    Yeah, Keith still has a few loose ends to tie up on the scanner. Glad to hear it is working.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Even after deleting the files, the MAF Period does not show up as a channel that I can add. Any idea why?
    2011 Mustang GT
    Airaid CAI

Quote Originally Posted by rafbabu View Post
    Even after deleting the files, the MAF Period does not show up as a channel that I can add. Any idea why?
    What is your strategy? Its probably not one I have done yet.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    ECM (0x7E0), Copperhead 2048K: FPDM3AA.H32

Quote Originally Posted by rafbabu View Post
    ECM (0x7E0), Copperhead 2048K: FPDM3AA.H32
    Update now.
    Last edited by Eric@HPTuners; 05-22-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Any word on when histograms are going to work right? That's my one big hang up from using 2.25 at this point. That and user defined pid's.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Any word on when histograms are going to work right? That's my one big hang up from using 2.25 at this point. That and user defined pid's.
    No idea. That is a question for Keith.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Good job Eric! 2011 F150 Ecoboost, TC-1797 Cal ID: KGCH5A8.H32

Looks to be working good. Seems like the parameters you added are good! Knock Retard yay! Now is it like older Fords where negative numbers are adding timing?
    Can't see mapped points or anything turbo related besides MAP. Now if I could just read my tune, everything would be great I sent my file into support.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Since 2.25 Scanner is now in Beta and I am actively adding more and more parameters for logging, I figured it would be a good time to start a thread about the updates.

If you have already tried 2.25 on your Ford, and are not noticing any new parameters for logging, you may need to make the software repoll for supported parameters.

To do this, delete any files you may have in My Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Vehicles

Whenever you connect to a vehicle for the first time, the software polls the available parameters and writes a file into this directory. After that, it always looks at the file for supported parameters (as to not waste time repolling everytime you connect). So if I add new parameters, the software is not going to check for them until you force the software to re-poll.

This past week, I have added DMRs to several different strategies for testing. I have also added a ton of new PIDS for Copperhead, TC-1791, and TC-1797 PCMs.

If you have access to a vehicle, please take a moment to check out all the new stuff, and report back what doesn't work, or is missing.
    Eric,when I had Quicksilver on the Dyno yesterday,Weighting factors were working flawlessly,but Maf Period was not showing any data in the logs..OSID FSFD1AA

Advanced Tuner
    I could not save a configuration to the interface for stand alone data logging. Is this the right thread to note these types of issues?

I could not save a configuration to the interface for stand alone data logging. Is this the right thread to note these types of issues?
    I don't think it's ever worked for Fords but regardless the most recent firmware update broke stand alone datalogging for all platforms... http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post377937

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Witt! Hope this gets resolved soon. My laptop is too big. LOL.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks Witt! Hope this gets resolved soon. My laptop is too big. LOL.
    Its doubtful standalone datalogging will ever work on fords/dodge's with the current hardware. The current hardware design was done in 2004 several years before we supported our first ford application and nearly a decade before our first dodge application. Laptop will be necessary for ford/dodge vehicles.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I'm guessing the new Ngauge was designed to solve that issue.

You can use our mobile app TrackAddict for the SAE stuff. We'll be adding the enhanced stuff to it for all makes in time.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    I may be stating the obvious, but the KR doesn't log correctly. It's always a positive number whether it's advancing or retarding spark. Also, the RPM line in charts is duplicated on the slider bar at the bottom of the page.

Is a negative value in STFT indicating that it's rich and a positive number indication it's lean?

Advanced Tuner
    This scanner is AWESOME! Bugs and all!

I've had a knock show up is several of my logs and had people way smarter than me look them over and nothing stood out. By logging the Mapped points, I was able to see that the knock happened in MP 4 and 5. Made the adjustments in the needed cells and BAM! No more knock!
    It wasn't a dangerous knock, in that it was usually happening at low load/rpm, but the fact that is was there, was driving me nuts.

Thanks Eric, Bill and Keith for all the hard work in putting this together!

I figured out a work around for the KR. I stopped all spark advance by the KR sensor, so the only KR reading in the log is actual knock.

Is it best to log SAE or non SAE PIDs?

This scanner is AWESOME! Bugs and all!

I've had a knock show up is several of my logs and had people way smarter than me look them over and nothing stood out. By logging the Mapped points, I was able to see that the knock happened in MP 4 and 5. Made the adjustments in the needed cells and BAM! No more knock!
    It wasn't a dangerous knock, in that it was usually happening at low load/rpm, but the fact that is was there, was driving me nuts.

Thanks Eric, Bill and Keith for all the hard work in putting this together!

I figured out a work around for the KR. I stopped all spark advance by the KR sensor, so the only KR reading in the log is actual knock.

Is it best to log SAE or non SAE PIDs?
    It depends. SAEs are going to be really slow. The Enhanced PIDS are pretty quick now. So things like Coolant Temp... SAE is fine.

Glad you were able to take advantage of the scanner and fix your KR issue. That's awesome. These cars are a lot less mysterious when you can get usable data from them.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC