Thread: Stabilizing A/C with Idle Airflow

Stabilizing A/C with Idle Airflow

Are they any tables outside of adaptive idle airflow that is an airflow adder for the A/C? Adaptive idle airflow acts as a trim function from what I understand and will learn, but I know I need to add 3g/sec when the A/C is on per my scanner. I know I shouldn't add this to my Base Running Airflow. Any suggestions?

Yes. Under torque management -> engine -> AC torque vs pressure is the table you'll want to adjust. These torque values get converted to airflow in the "Idle AC Airflow" PID. To get to 3, you'll have to increase some parts of the voltage (probably from 150 psi and up) a considerable amount. Also, you need to adjust the "AC Max Offset" in adaptive idle to allow for higher than the default (I think0.5g/s?) I have mine set to 4 g/aec max and my AC torque tables command 2-3 g/sec depending on AC pressure (load changes based on AC pressure)

Thanks. I multiplied the whole table by 1.8 and it helped. I then added some more and it got unstable, so I backed off that. I'll add 3g/sec to the adaptive idle... I also added 10% to my tuned RAF table.

I've also been playing with the lower portion of my VE table. I took 2% fuel out in the 400-800-1200 cells to make the idle a little more stable.

I'll log it this afternoon to see how it does and whether I need to take anything further.