Thread: 2011 5.0 with Ford Pro Cal Tune warning

Tuner

2011 5.0 with Ford Pro Cal Tune warning

I found out the hard way not to try tune a 2011 5.0 with a Ford Pro Cal tune on it. When I read the tune out I noticed some tables didn't look stock but this was my first one using HPT and not SCT so I second guessed myself and kept going through the tune. As soon as I got to the MAF Airlfow vs Period table I knew something wasnt right for sure. It looked all jacked up and had numbers in it that were not even possible for a car to run on. I tried to enter in stock values in it and the car would not even run. I called the the customer again to verify it was stock and then they remembered it had the handheld on it. Three hours later they show up with the handheld and I return the car back to stock and then have to relicense it again . After all that I was able to tune it with no problems and made 36hp/27tq over the ford handheld.

The handheld did something that hpt cant see because no matter what you would do with the read out file from the handheld the car would run right. As soon as I read out the real stock file and made the same changes to it the car ran fine.

Care to share that Ford Pro Cal file with us?
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I found out the hard way not to try tune a 2011 5.0 with a Ford Pro Cal tune on it. When I read the tune out I noticed some tables didn't look stock but this was my first one using HPT and not SCT so I second guessed myself and kept going through the tune. As soon as I got to the MAF Airlfow vs Period table I knew something wasnt right for sure. It looked all jacked up and had numbers in it that were not even possible for a car to run on. I tried to enter in stock values in it and the car would not even run. I called the the customer again to verify it was stock and then they remembered it had the handheld on it. Three hours later they show up with the handheld and I return the car back to stock and then have to relicense it again . After all that I was able to tune it with no problems and made 36hp/27tq over the ford handheld.

minytrker,you know Dave? lol we were just talking about this today..

The handheld did something that hpt cant see because no matter what you would do with the read out file from the handheld the car would run right. As soon as I read out the real stock file and made the same changes to it the car ran fine.

Tuner
    The pro cal changes the strategy from stock, so the values don't match the cells..same thing some tuners do to prevent you from reading their files.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

How do some tuners accomplish this outside of factory software? do they have their own software?
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Post the FRPP file please.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    pro cal tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Reads just fine for me. Maybe try updating your software to a newer version of 2.25?

Tuner
    Please read my post again. You can read the file fine, you cant adjust the tune using that file though. Look at the tables compared to stock.

It appears there are errors in this definition. I will look through and correct it ASAP.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    It appears there are errors in this definition. I will look through and correct it ASAP.
    When I retuned the car back to stock and read out the actual stock file it worked fine. Do you want the stock file out of the car also?

When I retuned the car back to stock and read out the actual stock file it worked fine. Do you want the stock file out of the car also?
    No, the issue is just with this OS. I'll fix it next week.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

This has been fixed.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    So now could you read out the procal tune and make changes? That would have saved me from having to license the car twice.

So now could you read out the procal tune and make changes? That would have saved me from having to license the car twice.
    Yes
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC