Thread: need tune help please! tune attached

Tuner in Training

need tune help please! tune attached

Im just trying to get the truck where it will move in and out under its own power. I feel like i am just overlooking something. I switched the tune to a 3-bar speed density tune but now its hard to start and when it does finally fire up its dumping a crazy ammount of fuel and dies. Truck has a 76mm heads and cam 6.0 with manual valve 4l80e. It has a zr1 map sensor. If anybody could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated!

ecu is 2002 silverado v8

This is my first time posting here, i usually find what i need to by searching but I would like to have another set of eyes on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris@LSXPS; 05-19-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Might want to start with using a MAP sensor that will allow for negative offsets. Last version I'm familiar with doesn't allow for negative MAP sensor offsets, making the ZR1 sensor not work for 411 PCM's. I don't have the latest loaded in the PC I'm using to post, so I can't look at your tune. If you feel like it, load your 1bar tune and sensor and look at where you sit EOKO (engine off, key on) then load the 3bar sensor and tune and make sure it's the same. Post more engine info. Cam, injectors, TB etc. Post a log
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Is truck SC'd, if not why did you go to the 3 Bar COS?

OK, not sure where to start, but here goes...

bottom line is you have applied a 3 BAR OS which operates in Speed Density only and have not tuned your VE. Primary VE is all 562. Would recommend populating table with stock values to get started.

Cyl/vol sb .7450 (6.0 right?)

Your Adaptive Idle tables are all 0's return all Adaptive idle Airflow, DFCO, startup, throttle follower and cracker to stock.

What injectors are you using (p/n), IFR is 80 ib/hr and min pw is 1.27?

Return Open Loop EQ Ratio (Fuel>Open & closed loop) to stock, will support your need for 1.0 at temp (176) and help with cold starts and operation while you are tuning.

Set PE to 85 kPa and cut both throttle enable tables in half. Set ramp in to 2.0

Boost enrichment table is at 1.0...just to make me happy, set it to 1.17 for now

Idle spark at 0 doesnt need to be 40, set to 26

Return Idle Adaptive Spark Control over/underspeed tables back to stock

Will deal with the rest when we get this sorted out....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    truck has a 76mm borg warner s400 turbo on it.
    zr1 map sensor
    cnc'd heads
    camshaft is 233/248 618/596 on 108. i know the cam is not ideal for the setup but it is in the plans to change.
    injectors are 80lbs
    it is a lq4 short block. ls3 heads.
    holley hi-ram intake
    i populated the VE table before i loaded it with the ve table on the previous tune, i dont see where 562 number comes from but i may be missing what you are seeing.
    im going to make the corrections you mention above and see where it gets me, thanks for the help!

blownbluez06- it allows me to input negative map offsets

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@LSXPS View Post
    truck has a 76mm borg warner s400 turbo on it.
    zr1 map sensor
    cnc'd heads
    camshaft is 233/248 618/596 on 108. i know the cam is not ideal for the setup but it is in the plans to change.
    injectors are 80lbs
    it is a lq4 short block. ls3 heads.
    holley hi-ram intake
    i populated the VE table before i loaded it with the ve table on the previous tune, i dont see where 562 number comes from but i may be missing what you are seeing.
    im going to make the corrections you mention above and see where it gets me, thanks for the help!

blownbluez06- it allows me to input negative map offsets
    Based on the setup, then set the boost enrichment table to 1.25. Didnt imagine the setup you just described so maybe the min idle air isnt that far off but do what I asked to start. Also we may need to reduce some of the adaptive idle correction values based on what we say per that cam as well.

Does the truck idle ok? any logs. Did you run the russK .cfg to set the min idle air?

Looked at VE again and saw all 562? reduce 400 rpm by 50%, 800 by 35% and 1200 by 20% for that cam

You are using the beta 2.25, correct. With it I cant read the OS tab?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-20-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    here is the new file to check what i have corrected.

Tuner in Training
    i am using the beta 2.25 and i cant read the os tab either, wasnt sure what the problem was there. but you can see the os number and 3bar in the calibration details.
    the truck did idle okay when it was just heads and cam, no turbo. i will attach the orignial file that was on it before i started with the turbo setup.

here is the new file to check what i have corrected.
    Cyl Vol is still set to 5.3 litre engine, change to .7450 (6.0 litre engine)

Primary VE to me is still all 562?

Are the 80 lb injectors the Ford Cobrajet versions?

You also put the tune into closed loop now, is that what you wanted? Last one was open loop which is fine. If you want open loop then return the STFT open loop and LTFT back to disabled and set the Closed Loop temp enable to max.

Again as I said above, didnt envision a cam quite that big so we may have gone a bit small in the tune but lets see what happens.

Reminder to change the boost enrichment PE to 1.25, originally thought it was NA

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    i attached a screenshot of what i see when i click on primary VE.
    I feel like we are looking at two different screens, haha.
    the injectors are ev6 80lbs siemens deka.
    i changed the cylinder volume and back to open loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is what I see and beign 80lb deka's your IFR data sb more like 89 lbs at fuel pressure of 58psi (400 kpa). Ill check the rest of the data when I get home...

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    im going to start over and spply another speed density3bar to my original tune and see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    earlier you mentioned running the russk config, can you elaborate more on that config setup? sounds like its something i need to look into for future tuning as well.

And i didwhat i said in the lasd post and started over with applying the 3bar patch to the original tune. ill attach it and you can see what it does now. This time when i applied the patch it showed me a ve table with the 522 everywhere and i populated them with my original ve table and filled in the blanks.

The russk is a idle config on here. Search for it and you should find it.

earlier you mentioned running the russk config, can you elaborate more on that config setup? sounds like its something i need to look into for future tuning as well.

And i didwhat i said in the lasd post and started over with applying the 3bar patch to the original tune. ill attach it and you can see what it does now. This time when i applied the patch it showed me a ve table with the 522 everywhere and i populated them with my original ve table and filled in the blanks.
    Got it now...thanks :-)

The RussK .cfg is used to establish you min idle air table. You log the car from a cold start and there is a histogram that formulates the desired idle air value for each temperature axis. Best to shut off fans with VCM control as well.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 05-20-2015 at 06:01 PM.

[email protected]