Thread: coyote fuel enrichment rate?

coyote fuel enrichment rate?

I see this on some strategies, its right above the op fuel pedal in strategy fpfd32a

[ECM] 1560 - Fuel Enrichment Rate: Fuel enrichment rate at which the desired lambda is reached. This should be raised to eliminate fueling delays in boosted applications.

can I get this on my fsfd2at strategy ?

I was told to email support to request it. I did such for FSFD1 and FSFD2 but still waiting. I'm pretty sure Eric is bogged down with scanner work right now.

it would be a fix for everyone having a lean tip in issue, I never seen anyone mention it so I had no idea it was there. I just stumbled across it in another car im tuning and was like wtf....really....
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    it would be a fix for everyone having a lean tip in issue, I never seen anyone mention it so I had no idea it was there. I just stumbled across it in another car im tuning and was like wtf....really....
    I agree, I've asked in the past here. Other software names this parameter "open loop delay blending ramp" and I've been using an underlay tune to get around it until the parameter is added. Stock value is a little too low for a forced induction car.

Yes, but sct employees never reply, never add parameters for anyone, sct has a ton of shat in their software that does nothing for your car and isnt even for your car example mine had 4x4 scalers for every trans setting.... hell, hp figured out transport delay way before sct, and all the sct employees said it was hard coded in the ecu and not adjustable. Not to mention all the times that motherfn dongle chose not to work because of their timers in the software. I got caught in bfe trying to fix my tune w no Internet access via phone or otherwise and what do you know, the dongle quits. Hp has a more user friendly layout and customer support is fn awesome then as soon as the new scanner is done all the slack a$$ ppl at sct gonna be looking lame as shat. Sct got fat w them being the primary tuning software available and lazy as hell in the process. Fn 300$ to access another ecu code pffffft....

Ok, im now finished with my little rant about why sct blows hahaha
    But im sure after the scanner is going right the missing parameters will show up.

I completely agree. I just use it to change a few things I don't have access to with HPT yet like enrichment rate and some o2 temp settings for long tubes, flash it with an X3 then read it out with HPT to use as a base file.

It was funny how we were told by SCT the parameters don't exist such as o2 transport delay and clutch protection, until Eric defined them with HPTuners.

Just gotta be patient, this software has come a long way in the little over a year that they've offered support for the 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I completely agree. I just use it to change a few things I don't have access to with HPT yet like enrichment rate and some o2 temp settings for long tubes, flash it with an X3 then read it out with HPT to use as a base file.

It was funny how we were told by SCT the parameters don't exist such as o2 transport delay and clutch protection, until Eric defined them with HPTuners.

Just gotta be patient, this software has come a long way in the little over a year that they've offered support for the 5.0.
    Which temp settings are you changing, that I need to add?

I'll add enrichment rate for those strategies you need them in today, and everything else as I can.

I' m working on the scanner pretty much full time now.

FSFD2A5

Other software has some settings that seem to work well to prevent o2 problems with long tubes, especially on e85:

Engine Temp Limits:
    Exhaust Temp:
    Temp Loss from Valve to o2 Sensor (I believe this actually references the "flange" temp table, the "valve" table is 0'ed out)
    Time Constant for Exhaust Temp
    Time Constant for o2 Sensor Temp

Multiplying these by about 150% and cutting down the HEGO Tip Temp Change values (which you already have defined) about 100 degrees cures my long tube cold ECT and e85 issues.

kaineoutlaw and I both could use wot enrichment rate on FSFD2 and the flex fuel switch while you're in there.

The o2 settings aren't even a big deal, I could massage the tip temp table more and raise closed loop min temp to make up for lacking the other stuff, its just a procedure I was used to in SCT that I've carried over. The wot enrichment rate and flex fuel I check beta weekly to see if it gets added.

The scanner is obviously top priority and the reason I don't blow up Bill's email with requests. I can't wait to be able to dial in the ETC tables better on centri cars. Annoying partial throttle surge is annoying.

fpfd32a for me, thanks!

How does the flex fuel switch work? Does it use the o2s to see if the fuel is changing or a fuel sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    How does the flex fuel switch work? Does it use the o2s to see if the fuel is changing or a fuel sensor?
    O2s
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

FSFD2A5

Other software has some settings that seem to work well to prevent o2 problems with long tubes, especially on e85:

Engine Temp Limits:
    Exhaust Temp:
    Temp Loss from Valve to o2 Sensor (I believe this actually references the "flange" temp table, the "valve" table is 0'ed out)
    Time Constant for Exhaust Temp
    Time Constant for o2 Sensor Temp

Multiplying these by about 150% and cutting down the HEGO Tip Temp Change values (which you already have defined) about 100 degrees cures my long tube cold ECT and e85 issues.

kaineoutlaw and I both could use wot enrichment rate on FSFD2 and the flex fuel switch while you're in there.

The o2 settings aren't even a big deal, I could massage the tip temp table more and raise closed loop min temp to make up for lacking the other stuff, its just a procedure I was used to in SCT that I've carried over. The wot enrichment rate and flex fuel I check beta weekly to see if it gets added.

The scanner is obviously top priority and the reason I don't blow up Bill's email with requests. I can't wait to be able to dial in the ETC tables better on centri cars. Annoying partial throttle surge is annoying.
    Yep, Scanner is top priority. I might have some DMRs for you to try out today (hopefully).
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Which temp settings are you changing, that I need to add?

I'll add enrichment rate for those strategies you need them in today, and everything else as I can.

I' m working on the scanner pretty much full time now.
    Eric, OSID FSFD1AA

Quote Originally Posted by 98BlackMomba View Post
    Eric, OSID FSFD1AA
    I think this one has already been defined for a while, just labeled differently from the other strategies. I might be wrong here but try changing the parameter under Fuel -> Open & Closed Loop -> Open Loop Delay Blend Ramp

Advanced Tuner
    Is there going to be an update that has the enrichment rate opened up in ALL strategies? I've found it to be quite helpful in curing a rich onset I was experiencing.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Tuner
    I had an issue with this too. No matter WHAT I adjusted in the MAF table for wot, around the 125 area I was getting a super rich spike that I could not cure. Paid the money for credits to switch strategies to get one with enrichment rate in it; changed it and BAM, perfect .86 lambda at wot now.

I could feel the spike of fuel in the power too; it would dip hard and try to recover. I kept pulling the maf value in that area down, I was asking for 15-20% less and it did nothing (to the point where if I pulled more from that area I would almost be less than the higher period cells). Enrichment rate is vital. I took the rate from .5 stock to .05 on my setup.

Tuner in Training

Want to make sure I have this correct. I can read my locked SCT tune from my car and it becomes unlocked and I can use this tune as a starting point?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott125 View Post
    Want to make sure I have this correct. I can read my locked SCT tune from my car and it becomes unlocked and I can use this tune as a starting point?

Thanks
    That is correct for the most part. Some tunes are scrambled and can not be used. The bigger names in the SCT world are the ones that do it.