Thread: Internals changed in the LFX?

Tuner in Training

Internals changed in the LFX?

I have tuned a handful of V6 LFX camaros, I did my 2012 2LS first and then a couple 2LT Camaros. I went to compare stock files and noticing quite a few changes.

I see cylinder volume changes, Variable camshaft changes, and numerous other stock settings that differ from each other.

I'm just wondering if maybe between those years GM changed internal parts or could the trim level be the reason behind those changes. I was thinking of making changes to my 2LS to mimic the 2LT but unsure of how safe that may be.

Two possible suggestions:

Best answer: the 2LS Camaro was specifically tuned as a fuel economy package to hit 30 mpg. The engine is mechanically identical, but the trans may have had a different final drive ratio.

Other possibility: 2010-11 Camaros used the LLT V6. The LFX V6 had some hardware revisions that included integrated exhaust headers, so that would explain tuning differences.
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M

Tuner in Training
    What Im thinking is they tuned the 2LS down even more as it is the "fuel economy" trim. That everything is the same mechanically but it just was on a lighter factory tune. The trans is different, my final drive ratio is a 2.91, where as the LT trims have a 3.27 final drive ratio. Im going to do a little test and mimic a stock LT file in my 2LS car and log the results.
    2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
    Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
    -Custom tune done by Myself with HP Tuners
    -Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
    -Heritage grille-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30R20) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
    -Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
    -VMAX ported TB -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can
    -Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser