Thread: VE Adjustments not changing afr's

Potential Tuner

VE Adjustments not changing afr's

Hey guys, I've got a 383CI single turbo in an 01 z06, having issues with the VE table. I ran the car last year on a custom 2 bar SD OS, car responded well and dialed in quite well (stock 346CI, and single turbo). Went to larger CI, ID1000 inj, and a little larger turbo. Still using the same OS, with the id1000 injector data, and larger cyl volume.

Everything is running good now, but having issues with the Primary VE (there is no secondary VE). LTFT's are shut off, and using the histograms from the STFT's with the count set for 10 counts, the STFT's are reading -10 to -20. When pasting by % from histograms to VE table, it doesn't seem to make any difference in fueling as per the wideband. I've reset the fuel trims, which I don't think should be an issue anyways being that im running off the stft's instead of the ltft's. just wondering if I should just scrap the idea of using the stft's for the driveability and just run directly with the Wideband readouts or what. Just a little stumped right now, and could be missing something really small. Will post log/tune file when I get home from work.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Tuning Addict
    Do you have the MAF completely out of the picture? Just wondering if the MAF is possibly still playing a part. I would also recommend waiting atleast 15 minutes for the rich after flash issue to subside before making any further datalogs or changes to the tune.

Then everyone's going to need a datalog and tune for recommendations.

Hope this helps.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

"Rich after flash issue"?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
    "Rich after flash issue"?
    Just ignore that. That is only on Gen 4 E38 PCMs, It does not occur on a 01 P1 PCM like you have.

If you're operating in an area where the injectors are at a small pulse, you probably don't have all of the correct data in there. ID doesn't give you everything you need to get those injectors to slow down, namely the transient fueling.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner
    In Fuel>General... lower the values in Min Injector Pulse and Default Injector Pulse.

In Fuel>Transient... lower the value in Min Fuel Milligrams.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Just ignore that. That is only on Gen 4 E38 PCMs, It does not occur on a 01 P1 PCM like you have.
    You sure? Ive seen the problem on cars I've tuned back to 04's... Just not as noticeable until you start it the next day and find fueling has changed +- 5%...

I guess if it's an 01 it's possible to not have it.

Agree with above go after min injector pulses.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by 02statesman View Post
    In Fuel>General... lower the values in Min Injector Pulse and Default Injector Pulse.

In Fuel>Transient... lower the value in Min Fuel Milligrams.
    +1 had the same problem with ID1300s. It ran fine but at low RPM/IDLE you couldn't take enough fuel out no matter what you did to get it to idle close to 0 stft. ID didn't show the transient fuel setting in thier injector data and once that was adjusted the car was perfect.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Guys! fixed the issues with the inj pulse. Appreciate the help!