Thread: 2012 Mustang 3.7L procharger going lean

Tuner in Training

2012 Mustang 3.7L procharger going lean

I have a procharger setup I'm working on on a 2012 v6 mustang. The timing and fuel tables seem to be right in line where they should be. But above 4400-4600 rpm it goes dead lean and comes up with a fuel system 1 OL Fault ( open loop fault I do believe ). Can anyone give some insight on what I'mover looking please ? Thanksactionv6basetune2.hpt

Compared the tune you linked to a stock one in the repository. Could be a number of things...Torque tables were modified but inverse torque tables were not. Electronic throttle tables were modified and are no longer inverses of each other. Fuel injector data looks to be stock other than some manipulation to one of the pressure multipliers.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Compared the tune you linked to a stock one in the repository. Could be a number of things...Torque tables were modified but inverse torque tables were not. Electronic throttle tables were modified and are no longer inverses of each other. Fuel injector data looks to be stock other than some manipulation to one of the pressure multipliers.
    I have since rescaled the injector tables and went back to a stock throttle table and tq tables. Still getting the same issues at the same rpm range.. Any one else make sense of this ?

Senior Tuner
    Kev_2013_Mustang_Procharged_Load_This_Tune.hpt Try compare to this file. I ran this tune yesterday at the track and the car trapped a 114mph. We were beating on the new GTs all day yesterday...lol Those new 2015 GT's are going to need some help, they wheel hop like mad and I imagine that half shaft is not going to take much of that. Put a hurt on some feelings with that tune but it is really rich. The driver was getting a little smoke, not crazy, but rich...we were playing safe to be honest and were taking it quite easy with only 3K launches(This one is a manual). I built and tuned it, but it is a friends car. Going to take the Commanded PE to .78 for the next round, the car did stellar yesterday
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Senior Tuner
    4600 is nowhere near pegging the MAF but at 6200RPM you will! Do not go over 6200RPM until you have a MAF Range Extender in place. It is a must if your boosted in these 6's. We haven't got the one for this car yet so we are keeping the shifts to 6-6200 until we do. Watch your scanner closely on this one, its a good idea to be in the passenger seat for tuning on these or a Dyno until its close. Then you can just log your drives after and put the touches to it. Also, if I can give a word to the wise, do not go over 550HP on stock internals as it wont take it for long. 550 is as far as you should go and that is really borderline. If your running 8PSI that will give 475-510CHP with tuning. Did you opt for the P1 or the D1SC? The one I did has the P1...
    2000 Trans Am WS6

weve been making over 600+whp for quite awhile on the 3.7 as many know in our silver turbo v6 running our kit and tune ; )
    as well as multiple procharged ones making 470-525whp
    and over 1000 on a built motor with our turbo kit 12k + miles

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post
    weve been making over 600+whp for quite awhile on the 3.7 as many know in our silver turbo v6 running our kit and tune ; )
    as well as multiple procharged ones making 470-525whp
    and over 1000 on a built motor with our turbo kit 12k + miles
    Are these kits for sale? I would be interested in doing one on my wife's 2013 RS.